2006 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Review: Only 2 Days Old

2006 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

HSE 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Only 2 Days Old
By ru4god2 on

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Been wanting a full sized RR since 1989. When i saw the price drop on the 2006 models, I searched high and low to find the white w/sand I wanted. No frills, no heated seats, no entertainment, no luxury package, just the base line RR. I bought it certified with only 27k on it. So far, I can't stop grinning. Every time I look at it and hop in, I still can't believe it's mine. Finally. Audio system is a little clunky. Why so many different screens to perform simple functions? And the controls are a little out of arms reach (and I've got 35" arms.) Some of the materials on the interior are cheap feeling (plastic) but that's all I can think of....

Love the look and the way it handles. Voice activation works great (although I've seen some reviews that state otherwise.) Comfort of seats is incredible. And the parking sensors are awesome.

Fuel economy of course. Although, so far, I'm averaging around 17 mpg. Use better materials. I came from a Mercedes and the quality is far better inside. Make the radio and audio functions more intuitive. Otherwise, leave it alone and please don't Americanize it any further.