2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land-rover Range-rover - Consumer Reviews

2006 Range Rover Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Sort Reviews by

2006 Range Rover HSE, Fantastic!
By New Car Owner

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just got new range rover hse, blue with sand interior, including the luxury pack, and satellite radio. I was planning on the supercharged model but dealer told us that the hse was smoother and quieter, so we lobbied for the hse. It looks fantastic and accelerates with authority. Interior is luscious with luxo pack, i get so confused with the number of available positions because there are so many! Driving is unbelievable and navigation system is a great addition to the already sophisticated electronics. Love it and worth the investment!

Favorite Features

Navi system, handsfree phone feat bluetooth, seats, exterior appearance, electronics, engine.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, otherwise it is a perfect 10!

Rang Rover HSE
By New Owner

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had the misfortune of owning a first gen Discovery which I traded in for a wonderful Lexus LX470. The LX470 was my favorite ever but this Range Rover is very cool and definitely a competitor for the best ever. Love the Lux Package comfort, Nav Unit and Integrated Bluetooth Phone. Nice SUV. A little pricy at the Dealer. Saved from $84,000 MSRP to $68,750 on E BAy! 2000 miles!

Favorite Features

Phone/Nav/Comfort/BMW Engine

Suggested Improvements

None yet but only 4 days old.

Best Range Rover Yet
By RRJOE

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned a 2005 Range Rover, 2004 Discovery, and a 2004 Lexus 470. The 2006 SC Range Rover is light years ahead of all of them. Superb build quality, excellent handling, and styling like no other.

Favorite Features

Ultra quiet, best interior ever, excellent drivetrain and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

None

range rover super
By Mike

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

It is an awsome machine. This is my fifth Range Rover. Its beyond what I expected it to be, excellent acceleration, when your driving it you feel like your gliding, in a way its bad because you dont feel any thing and you might fall a sleep. But over all it a great suv.

Favorite Features

Very quiet, excellent handling, very nice navigation system

Suggested Improvements

better radio quality

Greatly Improved
By Russ

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Land Rover has come a long way since I purchased my first Range Rover (1995 Classic) The build quality has improved greatly as well as the ride. Interior noise has been reduced to acceptable levels. I can now dump my Lexus LS400 as my daily driver!

Favorite Features

Downhill assist is my favorite feature by far, since I do use this vehicle for what is was built for and not just trips to Starbucks and the Beverly Center. The adjustable hight control (airbags) are a very nice feature until they start to leak ($400)

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats more comfortable! Every Land Rover I have owned has very firm seats, not good when you are driving more than 2 hours at a time.

Westminster is a DREAM
By Robin

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is where the rubber meets The Road The Dirt or The Rocks it is all OK here with a wonderful confident ride a feeling of adventure in absolute comfort... great panaramic view... I recommend the Westminster highly... it's a 10

Favorite Features

the touch screen that co-ordinates all the car functions makes things real easy

Suggested Improvements

camera for backing up... linked to the screen

2005 Range Rover
By Ash

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owned this car for almost 3 months. My second of New Generation Range rover. Quality issues seems improved in comparison to the 2003. Luxury seating package made a huge difference in offering more comfort. New integrated phone system is a great feature and I just enjoy safer driving. Nav system is a great improvement. 2005 seems tighter than 2003. It's just a great SUV. I only wish it had more leg room in rear seat.

Favorite Features

Hands free phone. Seat comfort (lyxury seating package). Stereo system is superb. Cabin/cockpit design is very tasteful. Voice command.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality tail lamps. They collect moisture. Sun screens. Reclining rear seats. Single cd capability besides CD changer. Better dealer service dept. This would be the only reason for considering to sell my RR. My dealership experience and their roadside service rates a 2 on the scale of 1-10