Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Best Luxury SUV
By Range HSE

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Range Rover combines great performance, style and capability. Especially the quality of the interior and the sound of the Harman Kardon system are unmatched by any other luxury SUV. Back seat passengers love the heated rear seats in the wintertime. The bluetooth telephone system connected easily with my iPhone and provided good call clarity (people are mostly unaware that I'm speaking with them on the handsfree system). I have found the Range Rover to be surprisingly agile. The cornering ability is impressive for such a large SUV. Driving around town I usually average between 14mpg-15mpg (this is with no highway driving).

Interior (Seats w/ piping, 600W Sound System) and the legendary Off Road capabilities.

Somewhat noisy windshield wipers and a voice control system that does not always understand the commands.

In a class of its own
By Love my RR

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Though there are other so-called luxury SUVs, none is as ultimately luxurious and capable as the original, the Range Rover. I've owned many vehicles and for an all-around do-everything car, the Range Rover is peerless. In almost two years, it's only needed regular maintenance - the car doesn't even have a single squeak or rattle, it's that solid. I don't normally write reviews on things, and this car compelled me to.

Timeless style, seat comfort, panoramic visibility, nav is simple, incredible surround sound system, traction, free maintenance, gets 20+ mpg on highway

Probably some nit picky things that don't come to mind at the moment.

Really Nice Car
By New RR Lover

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my RR used with 22K miles. It was a "Factory Reacquired" vehicle, better known as a manufacturer's buyback. I waited for 2,000 miles to write this review to make sure I gave an accurate response. This is a really nice vehicle. The ride is a dream and I feel so safe in it. I have the rear entertainment and satellite radio and both work well. The reason for the buyback was a check engine light that would not go off for the previous owner. Land Rover fixed the problem and gave an extra 12 months and 12,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty (minus a $100 per instance charge) so I thought for the price I would take a shot. I couldn't be happier.

Love the satellite radio, it is a dream for a Washington, DC commuter. I have experienced the issue where the channkl isn't displayed properly but it is quickly remedied by switching back and forth between pre-sets. Rear entertainment is great, seats are really comfortable, and the ride is great!

Gas mileage is low, but it is actually an improvement over my 2001 Infiniti QX4 so I can't complain. A great feature is that you can constantly monitor gas mileage. Over the past 2,000 miles I have averaged about 19 MPG based on both heavy commuter traffic and some open highway miles.

King of the road & sandpile
By Thrilled owner

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car does it all very well, it is fast, brakes and handles perfectly, and is the heavy weight champ of off- roading. It cleans up well for a night on the town but it looks just as well under 20 lbs. of mud.

The worst car I've ever owned!
By John

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the look of the Range Rover and it's very capable off road. Asside from that, this is the most unreliable and frustrating car I have ever owned. I will never buy another one. My service advisors tell me they are "known electrical problems" that they can not fix. Eventually you give up on constantly taking the car back in and live with the headaches.

Off road

Stop selling the car until it can be fixed correctly.