2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Best car I have ever owned
By tommyd on 10/24/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned many cars, but this is the best. I bought it used and just bought a new 2010 that arrives in 2 weeks. This car on the highway is nothing short of amazing. A gulfstream Jet on wheels. After a long drive I am not the least bit tired the seats are outstanding. Timeless design. I know 4 others who own a RR and all plan on purchasing again, I think the 2010 is likely the next level, I will report back

A pleasant surprise
By WB on 10/08/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very happy with this vehicle and surprised with the mpg -- I have been averaging about 17.5 MPG. Not sure how those getting under 10 are driving... Like any lux car it will need to be maintained but so far after 16 months the car has been very solid. So many opinions expressed about poor reliability that I want to express the opposite. Interior comfort is very high with comfort seats. Ride on the highway is solid and extremely comfortable on long trips. It is a truck so it doesnt corner like my old BMW but this car will go anywhere. Plus the truck is great to look at. Highly recommended!

DO NOT BUY A RANGE ROVER!!!
By Russ M. on 09/25/09 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I normally do not like to complain, but someone has to help you from making this mistake! Bought it with 22k miles, immediatiely ran into elecectrical issues that caused the rover to "blackout" completely while driving- No power at all. Dealer can not find or fix the issue ( Has happened twice) Then at 72,000 miles, then engine blew up without any warning lights!!! a $10,000 dollar repair!!! All repairs cost a fortune!! Wipers were $300 dollars! If you have more money than scents, buy this vehicle!! If you like to be stranded on the side of the road, late at night with tractor trailers wizzing by at 75 miles per hour while you wait 2-3 hrs for Rover service to arrive, buy it! L-E-M-O-N

Read before buying
By Cameron on 05/09/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is a typical German engineered product. It is luxurious and safe with nice additives but other than that, there is nothing special. The car is pretty much leech on your time and bank account. When you purchase German this is what you get, if you want quality go buy Honda or Toyota. However there is no accuse for the lack of assistance with with making things right. If you purchase this vehicle make sure to have a lawyer because more then likely you will be contacting him with this matter.

Range Rover
By David S on 03/26/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

There is no doubt that the Range Rover (RR) is the best looking SUV, but it is far from the best SUV. In fact, it just may be the worst. When you hear the rumors about the high level of frequency that the RR needs maintenance, believe them. One of the most frustrating attributes of ownership is having an $80,000+ vehicle needing to go in for service every 3 or 4 months. Not only that, but the service department at the dealerships are expecting the maintenance. There are no apologies or concessions offered. I feel that the time spent and the frustration used while owning this vehicle is highly unwarranted.

Finest Lux Vehicle on the Planet?
By Champ214 on 03/16/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my supercharged RR. It's silver over ivory with piano black trim, very sexy combination. The ivory leather requires constant attention but looks great. It's very nice leather btw. Off the line acceleration is rather gradual, but once it's rolling, it pulls very strong. I am averaging about 9.5 mpg which is acceptable for a vehicle this powerful and heavy. I looked at the Benz S550 and prefer the ride, drive, and style of the Range Rover. The only vehicle I can think of that combines ride quality, style, luxury, and class the way the RR does is the Bentley Flying Spur.

Only 2 Days Old
By ru4god2 on 09/10/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Been wanting a full sized RR since 1989. When i saw the price drop on the 2006 models, I searched high and low to find the white w/sand I wanted. No frills, no heated seats, no entertainment, no luxury package, just the base line RR. I bought it certified with only 27k on it. So far, I can't stop grinning. Every time I look at it and hop in, I still can't believe it's mine. Finally. Audio system is a little clunky. Why so many different screens to perform simple functions? And the controls are a little out of arms reach (and I've got 35" arms.) Some of the materials on the interior are cheap feeling (plastic) but that's all I can think of....

Best Luxury SUV
By Range HSE on 05/11/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Range Rover combines great performance, style and capability. Especially the quality of the interior and the sound of the Harman Kardon system are unmatched by any other luxury SUV. Back seat passengers love the heated rear seats in the wintertime. The bluetooth telephone system connected easily with my iPhone and provided good call clarity (people are mostly unaware that I'm speaking with them on the handsfree system). I have found the Range Rover to be surprisingly agile. The cornering ability is impressive for such a large SUV. Driving around town I usually average between 14mpg-15mpg (this is with no highway driving).

In a class of its own
By Love my RR on 04/19/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Though there are other so-called luxury SUVs, none is as ultimately luxurious and capable as the original, the Range Rover. I've owned many vehicles and for an all-around do-everything car, the Range Rover is peerless. In almost two years, it's only needed regular maintenance - the car doesn't even have a single squeak or rattle, it's that solid. I don't normally write reviews on things, and this car compelled me to.

Really Nice Car
By New RR Lover on 10/17/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my RR used with 22K miles. It was a "Factory Reacquired" vehicle, better known as a manufacturer's buyback. I waited for 2,000 miles to write this review to make sure I gave an accurate response. This is a really nice vehicle. The ride is a dream and I feel so safe in it. I have the rear entertainment and satellite radio and both work well. The reason for the buyback was a check engine light that would not go off for the previous owner. Land Rover fixed the problem and gave an extra 12 months and 12,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty (minus a $100 per instance charge) so I thought for the price I would take a shot. I couldn't be happier.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.