2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
DourResearch
By Listen2reviews on 02/10/10 22:36 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought what I expected to be a quality car, it is not! Wonder why the company has changed ownership 3 times??? They can't fix their cars, and won't hire good mechanics, or service people. The car started to have electrical problems, blackouts, being stranded, suspension, and under warranty were supposedly fixed, but thye continued! and I've been stuck with innumerable bills.Dealer says things happen... Their service department is horrible, and the interior quality competes with kia, maybe! VERY EXPENSIVE to maintain, and getting parts is a pain.

Best car I have ever owned
By tommyd on 10/24/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned many cars, but this is the best. I bought it used and just bought a new 2010 that arrives in 2 weeks. This car on the highway is nothing short of amazing. A gulfstream Jet on wheels. After a long drive I am not the least bit tired the seats are outstanding. Timeless design. I know 4 others who own a RR and all plan on purchasing again, I think the 2010 is likely the next level, I will report back

Finest Lux Vehicle on the Planet?
By Champ214 on 03/16/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my supercharged RR. It's silver over ivory with piano black trim, very sexy combination. The ivory leather requires constant attention but looks great. It's very nice leather btw. Off the line acceleration is rather gradual, but once it's rolling, it pulls very strong. I am averaging about 9.5 mpg which is acceptable for a vehicle this powerful and heavy. I looked at the Benz S550 and prefer the ride, drive, and style of the Range Rover. The only vehicle I can think of that combines ride quality, style, luxury, and class the way the RR does is the Bentley Flying Spur.

King of the road & sandpile
By Thrilled owner on 07/23/07 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car does it all very well, it is fast, brakes and handles perfectly, and is the heavy weight champ of off- roading. It cleans up well for a night on the town but it looks just as well under 20 lbs. of mud.

Great car all over
By Sultan on 01/16/07 04:02 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought this car based on an SMS message from the dealership, stating they have a special year-end offer. I saw the car first at the begging of 06 and it caught my heart but the price was over my budget. But with the new offer I could not resist. The dealer didn¬ít have a test drive vehicle. So I bought the car anyway based on research done on the net,especially this site. I noticed a lot of reviewers complying of fuel consumption. To me its not a problem because I live in the middle east and gas is cheaper than tap water (you are more than welcome to move here ). I fill up a full tank for $20. I recommend this car to any one with class and at the same time has some coolness left in them

Best you can drive north of Mason-Dixon
By dond on 12/21/06 17:38 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This has been the best vehicle for year around reliability and comfort - complete dominance over inclement conditions (we live in Maine) no road under any condition save for a 40" snowfall would be considered impassable and under the MOST luxurious conditions. Nothing but best experiences with dealership on any and all warranty issues - anyone expecting trouble free experiences with a vehicle with this much techno-lux capability is not living in the real world - but LRNA is really up front about keeping me on the road - if you want this kind of lux w/o problems go get a LEXUS, but don't expect all condition capability in all seasons w. fit and finish among the best euro mfgs.!!!!

awesome machine
By itzsyk on 10/08/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just recently bought the 2006 Range Rover Supercharged a week ago. I didn't have the patience to wait for the 2007 model in november, so I got the car off the show room. I got the Chawton White/Ivory with Piano Black Trim and I love the clean look it has. Whenever I sit in the driver's seat I always have a smile on my face because you know you're probably the only person on the road with this car. The way this car just rides and steers just amazes me all the time. This car, even though it's a bit expensive, will satisfy your car needs in every way. It also rides better than my MBZ S500 4Matic.

Wouldn't buy one again
By Lee on 09/07/06 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owned a 2003 R/R for just over 2 year. It spent over 6 months in and out of the workshop with over 44 different problems. Like a fool I bought a new one 3 months ago and this time I went for the top of the line 2006 Supercharged Wesminster Limited Edition, at almost $100,000. Numerous problems already and it is now in the workshop having a complete brand new ($12,000) engine installed. Crazy! It is less than 3 months old and done just 4000 miles. It has numerous other faults and defects including the paintwork which is covered in orange peal, dirt under the paint, too heavy clear coat etc. etc. The Range Rover MUST be avoided at all cost. Stay away from this SUV because you will regret it!

Super Supercharged
By willie on 05/20/06 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The moment I got behind the wheel I knew this was the vehicle made for me. The style both interior and exterior are superb. It drives like a luxury sedan and is quick like a sports car. One of the "funnest" cars I've ever owned. I felt extraordinarily safe driving in the recent torrential rainstorms in my area. It handles extremely well in bad weather.

$'s no object
By Mr Apple on 03/24/06 17:36 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

i have had no problems w/my RRSC.It is plenty fast and very thirsty, keeping the tank full of premium is an every other day experience.(i checked it for holes) In a nut shell it is a must have for anybody with the financial ability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.