Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

DourResearch
By Listen2reviews

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought what I expected to be a quality car, it is not! Wonder why the company has changed ownership 3 times??? They can't fix their cars, and won't hire good mechanics, or service people. The car started to have electrical problems, blackouts, being stranded, suspension, and under warranty were supposedly fixed, but thye continued! and I've been stuck with innumerable bills.Dealer says things happen... Their service department is horrible, and the interior quality competes with kia, maybe! VERY EXPENSIVE to maintain, and getting parts is a pain.

Favorite Features

unfortunately my experience was terrible I'm glad i traded it, for mercedes, which by the way is 200% better quality and built.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making bad cars. The electrical system, the leather which looked nice, needs more attention than a newborn, or it looks old, and ragged, as well as the interior quality. ALL needs revamping. I wished I would have listened to other's experiences, but I fell for it.

Best car I have ever owned
By tommyd

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned many cars, but this is the best. I bought it used and just bought a new 2010 that arrives in 2 weeks. This car on the highway is nothing short of amazing. A gulfstream Jet on wheels. After a long drive I am not the least bit tired the seats are outstanding. Timeless design. I know 4 others who own a RR and all plan on purchasing again, I think the 2010 is likely the next level, I will report back

Favorite Features

Seats,Power

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth has been replaced, sounds like you are in a cave

Finest Lux Vehicle on the Planet?
By Champ214

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my supercharged RR. It's silver over ivory with piano black trim, very sexy combination. The ivory leather requires constant attention but looks great. It's very nice leather btw. Off the line acceleration is rather gradual, but once it's rolling, it pulls very strong. I am averaging about 9.5 mpg which is acceptable for a vehicle this powerful and heavy. I looked at the Benz S550 and prefer the ride, drive, and style of the Range Rover. The only vehicle I can think of that combines ride quality, style, luxury, and class the way the RR does is the Bentley Flying Spur.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, front seats, rear view camera, interior and exterior styling. Also love the image it projects, especially compared to the ubiquitous escalades and navigators we have all over the place.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower is ALWAYS good. it's not possible to have too much power. Supposedly the 2010 model is going to have 500...

King of the road & sandpile
By Thrilled owner

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car does it all very well, it is fast, brakes and handles perfectly, and is the heavy weight champ of off- roading. It cleans up well for a night on the town but it looks just as well under 20 lbs. of mud.

Great car all over
By Sultan

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought this car based on an SMS message from the dealership, stating they have a special year-end offer. I saw the car first at the begging of 06 and it caught my heart but the price was over my budget. But with the new offer I could not resist. The dealer didnít have a test drive vehicle. So I bought the car anyway based on research done on the net,especially this site. I noticed a lot of reviewers complying of fuel consumption. To me its not a problem because I live in the middle east and gas is cheaper than tap water (you are more than welcome to move here ). I fill up a full tank for $20. I recommend this car to any one with class and at the same time has some coolness left in them

Favorite Features

Everything about this car is lovable

Suggested Improvements

None so far