2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
We were one of the lucky ones
By tjwat on 06/29/12 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

You read either glowing remarks or the worst. We were one of the lucky ones to get one of the best cars we have ever owned. My wife had owned every luxury car on the road, and the Range Rover has been one of her favorites. Car was originally returned under California 'Lemon Laws' for a continuing computer error the dealer couldn't solve. Land Rover took it back, fixed the problems (whatever that was) and we ended up with it. Now, with nearly 80K miles, it still drives and rides wonderfully. Very comfortable. We are looking into getting our next Range Rover.

Drive Around with Class & Style
By roversocal on 10/01/11 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe its mine for only 30k. I just stare it at sometimes. Neighbors think I am noveau riche. People everywhere look at you different when you step out of a Rover. Apart from a new Jag or Rolls Royce there is no other feeling of pride & prestige. Yes, it does have a few reliability issues but my friends who have 2009 and newer have 0 problems but paid 75k. The pros outweigh the cons. If you are thinking about buying 1, do it!! You live only once. Just don't take it as daily commuter and the drive-thru. Use it on weekends on special occassions

She Delivers
By Oregonian on 08/11/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This Rover fills all my needs, and does it very charmingly. I ski, and its a champ on the mountain. I haul kids and gear, and it delivers with grace. I tow my boat, and it pulls with ease. I take dirt roads, and it loves it. I go from point A to point B, and this Rover takes me there in style and comfort! However, in return it expects handsome spending habits from its owner. Fair enough.

Reliable Rover
By Dina B on 06/26/10 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We had 2 previous RRs (2003 & 2005)and we had issues with both. This SUV is the most reliable we ever owned and we owned BMWs, Lexus and MBs. The new Jaguar engineers seemed to have addressed the reliability issues we had with our previous RRs. This SUV has been reliable and flawless. We kept up with the main. schedule and we have nothing but praise for this suv. Reading other reviews make you wonder about where some of these owners purchased their cars from? I can't relate to one thing written on some of these reviews even with the 2003 & 2005 we owned. The luxury, comfort and reliability of this suv is unmatched and we elected to hang on to this SUV and won't even dream about trading it in.

Old & Reliable
By Ash on 06/26/10 02:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have about 53,000 miles and it's exactly 4 years in just a few weeks. We also owned a 2006 LS430 Lexus during the same period. Our RR outperformed the Lexus in reliability & comfort. We no longer needed 2 vehicles and we dumped the Ls 430 without a second thought. Kept up with the maint. and the car is running great. My only issue is the early wear and tear on the seats. You can thank our environmental wackos for that as the process for finishing(dyeing) the leather is not what it used to be because of some crazy environmental hazards. The new finishing process causes early wear and tear issues as explained by a number of upholsterers. We are enjoying every mile we drive this awesome vehicle.

Good to GO
By Brian R. on 05/11/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have always liked the styling, but never wanted to buy the 90's RRs for fear of build quality. Got a good deal and needed a winter vehicle. Had a LandCruiser previously and the RR gets much better gas mileage; more comfortable ride as well. Really enjoy the unique styling. I have only had normal maintenance so far, brakes, rear bushing, oil, winter tires, etc. The dealership is a little pricy, but not much more than Toyota. I put snow/all seasons on this winter and it performed flawlessly. I have owned 2 e320's, an XJR, a landcruiser, an acura CLS, a grand cherokee, and a cts-v. The interior build quality is the best I have ever seen or owned. And this is coming from a car guy.

Don't Do It
By pippy on 02/16/10 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I finally got it, I thought it was the love of my life-the body-the presents.Its a Ego booster big time. First week leaks. fixed under warranty messed up keys 6months another dealer replaced the keys under warrenty. Problems Problems Problems road side assistance stinks, computer gone bad at 5000 miles not covered under extended warranty battery change $500 more money and sence get it. Never Again

DourResearch
By Listen2reviews on 02/10/10 22:36 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought what I expected to be a quality car, it is not! Wonder why the company has changed ownership 3 times??? They can't fix their cars, and won't hire good mechanics, or service people. The car started to have electrical problems, blackouts, being stranded, suspension, and under warranty were supposedly fixed, but thye continued! and I've been stuck with innumerable bills.Dealer says things happen... Their service department is horrible, and the interior quality competes with kia, maybe! VERY EXPENSIVE to maintain, and getting parts is a pain.

what a shshame!
By nothappy on 02/10/10 22:22 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this car, expecting "royalty's car", The exterior and the interior are beautiful, but once it has a few thousand miles, problems start to happen, as if the car is 15 years old. Problems with stability, breaks, powertrain, and the interior which seemed well done, is not, the color fades, it looks old. I would not recomend this car to anyone, for the price a BMW, infinity or lexus are 100% better

Always amazing
By YellowFever on 12/27/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Land Rover. I owned the Discovery I, a 2000 Range and now this. I love them all. They never cease to amaze me. You feel like a King in this thing. On road it handles like a sedan, off road (yes I use it for what it was made for) you can go anywhere. The Range Rover design has always been classic. No over abundance of plastic looking parts like the Asian SUV's. No crazy body lines to take away from the Land Rover look. Just pure and simple. The new Jag engine is plenty fast. The 6 speed trans helps out. Especially compared to my 2000 4.6 Range. Reliability issues, yea it has some but who cares. They are worth it to drive this car. Did I say you feel like a KING in this SUV?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.