Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

We were one of the lucky ones
By tjwat

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

You read either glowing remarks or the worst. We were one of the lucky ones to get one of the best cars we have ever owned. My wife had owned every luxury car on the road, and the Range Rover has been one of her favorites. Car was originally returned under California 'Lemon Laws' for a continuing computer error the dealer couldn't solve. Land Rover took it back, fixed the problems (whatever that was) and we ended up with it. Now, with nearly 80K miles, it still drives and rides wonderfully. Very comfortable. We are looking into getting our next Range Rover.

Comfortable, good seats and good driving. It is not a Porsche on the road, but it drives very well and quiet. Good stereo. Good GPS. Park assist is very effective. When you replace the tires, stay with the Michelins.

More durable finishes. After 80K miles, the door handles have seen the finish wear off and there is no suggested remedy other than to replace. And we have seen the defect on many cars this same age with the same problem. Also finish on various sections of the plastic interior surfaces.

Drive Around with Class & Style
By roversocal

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe its mine for only 30k. I just stare it at sometimes. Neighbors think I am noveau riche. People everywhere look at you different when you step out of a Rover. Apart from a new Jag or Rolls Royce there is no other feeling of pride & prestige. Yes, it does have a few reliability issues but my friends who have 2009 and newer have 0 problems but paid 75k. The pros outweigh the cons. If you are thinking about buying 1, do it!! You live only once. Just don't take it as daily commuter and the drive-thru. Use it on weekends on special occassions

Style!! Comfort!! Rover Pedigree

Higher MPG. More reliablility for 03-07'. I think the newer ones are fine.

She Delivers
By Oregonian

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This Rover fills all my needs, and does it very charmingly. I ski, and its a champ on the mountain. I haul kids and gear, and it delivers with grace. I tow my boat, and it pulls with ease. I take dirt roads, and it loves it. I go from point A to point B, and this Rover takes me there in style and comfort! However, in return it expects handsome spending habits from its owner. Fair enough.

Great seating position for front and rear passengers. Great climate control. Sweet sound system. Delightful interior. Smooth and quiet.

GPS has a dated feel. My knee (I'm 6'.2") is always bumping into the door lever. Rear view camera is tempramental. At this price you expect Apple-style innovations and technology, and the Rover is not quite there.

Reliable Rover
By Dina B

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We had 2 previous RRs (2003 & 2005)and we had issues with both. This SUV is the most reliable we ever owned and we owned BMWs, Lexus and MBs. The new Jaguar engineers seemed to have addressed the reliability issues we had with our previous RRs. This SUV has been reliable and flawless. We kept up with the main. schedule and we have nothing but praise for this suv. Reading other reviews make you wonder about where some of these owners purchased their cars from? I can't relate to one thing written on some of these reviews even with the 2003 & 2005 we owned. The luxury, comfort and reliability of this suv is unmatched and we elected to hang on to this SUV and won't even dream about trading it in.

The luxury seating package is worth the extra money you spend if you bought it new. The A/C system can cool a fleet of Lexuses. The winter package came in handy every Christmas trip we make to the northeast. Comfort, comfort and comfort is the reason why we elect driving over flying.

Improved GPS and blue tooth technology. Everything with our compatible phone was great. Great sound and phone book downloaded when phone was placed in cradle. Once we had to replace our 7 year old phone, we had to rely on blue tooth tech., and we lost many of our cradled phone feature we had.

Old & Reliable
By Ash

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have about 53,000 miles and it's exactly 4 years in just a few weeks. We also owned a 2006 LS430 Lexus during the same period. Our RR outperformed the Lexus in reliability & comfort. We no longer needed 2 vehicles and we dumped the Ls 430 without a second thought. Kept up with the maint. and the car is running great. My only issue is the early wear and tear on the seats. You can thank our environmental wackos for that as the process for finishing(dyeing) the leather is not what it used to be because of some crazy environmental hazards. The new finishing process causes early wear and tear issues as explained by a number of upholsterers. We are enjoying every mile we drive this awesome vehicle.

The luxury seating package is worth every cent of the $4500 you spend when you have lower back problems like I do. The A/C efficiency is unmatched and it comes in handy when you live in FL. Interior fit N' finish are excellent.

More up to date Blue tooth technology and a more capable GPS. Find a real fix to the leather wear and tear issue.