Love my FullFat Range Rover
By bergml on
2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)
107K miles, no major faults to note. All records going back to new. Typical fiddly LR stuff here and there (door handle release cable, dead battery---but it was the original that lasted 7 years, and these things are typically hard on batteries, occasional goofy electrical gremlins, cooling hoses randomly burst---this is well documented) but all in all, the truck has been tremendously reliable and is very comfortable and nothing feels as safe when you're having to navigate through blinding snow storms and 10 degree temps. My truck has the lux package so the seats are straight out of a 7-series BM and are very comfortable. Find one that has been looked after and you'll see why we love them!
Favorite Features
1. Cold weather pack: Heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, heated windshield. 2. Air suspension: Can be a headache at times (mine hasn't, knock on wood) but provides a wonderful, Jaguar-esque GLIDE-quality not ride quality ;) 3. Towing capability: Can tow 7,700lbs without breaking a sweat. 4. Infotainment system: Great H/K Logic 7 sound system, sat-nav and Bluetooth capability. Pairs with my iPhone 4 without hassle.
Suggested Improvements
1. Climate control system is fiddly. The heat, although it gets plenty warm, never feels as hot as I think it should (or as hot as I've felt in "lesser" automobiles). Interior can get stuffy unless you tweak the temperature settings often. One thing I do like about it, however, is that you can have different air temps at the footwell and at the fascia vents, like in my Bentley Turbo R, so on a sunny but chilly day you can keep warm air on your feet and have cool air on your face. 2. As good as the M62 BMW engine is, the noise is a little intrusive into the cabin of the truck. I'd have liked more sound insulation. My previous P38 RR was quieter in that sense.