2005 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (37 reviews )
a great drive
By luvmyrover on 06/02/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Range Rover. My first was a 1995. Love the new body style. The drive is fantastic. It is equal to sitting in a barcalounger and the view out the windows is your tv. It is one of the smoothest vehicles that I drive. I travel 11/2 miles on dirt road, and you would never know I have left the pavement. I have had a few unusual mechanical problems; however the dealership has taken great care of me. Will most likely buy a 2006 or 07.

Range Rover 2005
By BRickard on 06/01/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

As a second time buyer of a Land Rover Range Rover, that being 2003 and 2005 I must say that I am extremely satisfied with my vehicle; the only thing I would like to change is the gas mileage. Well, most SUV's have that problem. This vehicle is very reliable and very safe. As a fun vehicle for children. I would like to put back the "James Bond" feature which allowed you to use audio tapes by pushing a button to turn back the navigation screen which hid the tape dec. I have audio books for my children which do not come in CD form.

I LOVE MY NEW RR
By Nautictalk on 03/25/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I had some terrific cars in the past. I originally bought a MB convertible. But when my son got a RR, I had to have one too. It is so refined in everyway, and is lightyears from a 1996 model I once owned. It's fun and comfortable. I had one minor squeak which was fixed in 5min at the dealership. I really baby this car. When BMW made this car, they knew what they were doing. I hope Ford doesn't screw it up. In my opinion, and for panache, the RR is more impressive than the Lexus and more fun to drive. Drives surprisingly smooth. They could do a bit better with the rear storage. Buy it and you won't be sorry.

Range Rover 2 year owner review......
By SH on 03/20/05 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Overall it is a great vehicle. Ride for an SUV is excellent, interior well laid out with superior craftsmanship. Better than anything else I test drove. Reliablity for its size and amount of technology is good. Great ride in snow, off road and highway. Acceleration is good for moving 6700lbs. Excellent service by dealership, they stand behind the vehicle.

outstanding
By charles brahambbbbbb on 01/29/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned five different land rovers since 1992 this 2004 range rover is absolutly the best performing model. The power and performance are excellent and the off capability is outstanding, driving in the ice and snow is actually fun! If you own a gas station all the better.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By George on 01/29/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Throughout my life I have owned many high class vehicles and this is by far the worst vehivcle I have ever owned. It has more problems then can be listed in this 700 word review. Among some of the many problems were incidents such as disabled suspension, steering column failure, being locked in the vehicle, the windows mysteriouslty going down over night, the security alarm dosen't work, and Land Rover North America refusing to take responsbility for all these problems and admit ITS A LEMON. In short I would not recomend this car to anyone I personaly am getting rid of mine and purchasing an Audi A8L.

Read this before buying your Range Rover
By hamid azadegan on 01/03/05 10:51 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has too many on board computers - 27 to be exact (as I've been told) and mine has had thing go wrong with them which took the dealership three weeks to figure out what was wrong, and still at a little bit over 11k miles I have a list of another eight things that need fixing on my next visit to the dealership.

SUV/Luxury
By tony on 12/31/04 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE my Range Rover. I initially had a bad experience. I bought my new Range Rover in 9/04 and within 1 week had issues with the steering. After several (3) attempts to repair, Land Rover could not fix the issue with the steering. I insisted that it needed to be exchanged and with a bit of help from Land Rover Corporate, I was given a brand new Rover at no cost. I love my new Range Rover and it performance is outstanding. I now understand why people love the vehicles so much. I was a Mercedes/BMW luxury driver before but, now I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I just hope Jaguar doens't ruin it in 2006.

Very satisfied
By jed on 12/29/04 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I've looked for a new car for over two years. I wanted an sport utility vehicle and looked and drove the Mercedes (too small and minivan looking), the BMW X5 (too generic), the Lexus LX (poor steering response and marginal quality of some of the interior items), and the Lexus GX (too small and common). Waiting for the 2005 Range Rover was definitely worth it. The style, build quality, and smooth ride are worth the wait. Power is good, particularly in the high end. The new navigation system and voice activated telephone (using Bluetooth) are excellent and intuitive with any technical background. The ride is the best thing about the new RR, smooth with stiff and responsive steering.

Love This Car
By Howard Popper on 12/08/04 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Only had this car for 3 weeks,but truly love it. Got rid of a 2 yr. old Benz and took a beating, but what a difference in quality! The 5k pricetag for the upgraded interior seems steep but is worth the price .Handles great and is a pleasure to drive.