2005 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (37 reviews )
swiss army luxury vehicle
By nilo on 01/08/07 04:42 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

the range rover does it all - it's at home towing a boat - going camping - family trip - black tie event whatever you need it does it - the only this its not is a sports car and its not trying to be one. amazing on the hwy at 85 mpg - solid in the rain.

my rover
By range rover hse on 12/07/06 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is a looker. People often compliment me on my purchase. However, it has more than its share of mechanical defects and glitches. Part of the problem, I believe, is there are just too many cute electronic gadgets. Thus more things that can go wrong. I have just over 60k miles and have already replaced a major portion of my transmission. (under warranty) I don't think this is acceptable. If you are looking for a conversation piece, this is it. If you are looking for economy and reliability, not here!

beautiful car
By chebli on 10/22/06 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this truck sound and ride like a car. very elegant and sufficient car.loaded with premium navigation system

Hey wht a car
By sculley on 02/20/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this car is just so good you have to get on or else, but if i was u ii would buy the desiel instead for its off road and on road proformce, this range rover is also better than the hse or se discovery off road because of it short wheel base and lenght. the job that land rover have done is great you much get one

a lot of problems
By dp on 09/23/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned high end vehicles and never have I spent so much time at the service depart.The front seat at purchase had threads unraveling (it has been replaced), now a headrest has the same problem. The rear view side mirrors malfunctioned (when you pushed to fold in one went in and one out).The navigation voice controls do not work as well as a mercedes and often do not understand commands. Also, the bluetooth does not work with most bluetooth phones-the screen locks up. Fans that cool the electronics are being replaced(I had to diagnose this prob myself even though 3 people had same prob LR no help, a seal at the windshield which makes road noise.For the money too many prob,more prob not list

beyond great
By vanessa on 09/05/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

i have owned range rovers for about 15 years, and finally got real and bought a bmw. i had had enough. i read the review of the new vehicle in robb report, went down to the dealer the next day and drove home with my new range rover. and it IS new. a totally different car which has never disappointed me at all, unlike the former ones. this one is great looking and great performing. i love it! worth every penny!

Great vehicle
By spemberton2000 on 08/10/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a year now, and I have been extremely pleased with it. The dealership have been pretty poor though, and need to work hard to improve their customer service - something they don't seem to want to do. The car though has been superb.

Best in the world!!!
By Robert on 07/08/05 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many SUV's!!! All imports. I had a cayenne for a very short time and an X5 for 2 years. I liked the BMW better than the Porsche but the Range rover has surpassed them both. I looked at these new redesigned models in 2003 and almost pulled the trigger but ended up with the BMW. It was fine but they are a little too common. I wanted something Big and comfortable with a timeless style. I think the Rover really fits the bill. This is the first purchase of a SUV...I have always leased in the past but I want to keep this one for a long while. It has everything I need. I was saddened to see someone trading off for an A8l...it is just a car afterall and audi is hammered on resell.

Great Touring and Mountain Car
By W Winegar on 06/24/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this to handle tough snow and mountain driving and long-distance higway travel in all weather conditions. The 2005 Range Rover w/its strong BMW engine is by far the most comfortable and responsive vehicle for our needs. We looked at the LX470, but too big; the Cayenne, too small; the Toureg, small and hard ride. The heated front/rear seats on the Range Rover are a real plus for cold nights and loved by our dogs and guests. We use every accessory and all the driving enhancment controls like hill descent, low range 4-wheel, etc., and trust them all. A perfect vehicle for mountain and highway. Get the mega adjustable seats and leather dash. Awesome.

Perfect blend of Land Rover and BMW
By teamyonex on 06/23/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased in May as dealer was anxious to clear inventory for '06s. 1% over invoice. Wife drives a BMW 5-series, and the connection between the RR and BMW is unmistakable. Very tight build. 13.7mpg overall. Rear facing sight lines aren't that great due to pillar and head rests, which could be an issue for some. Awesome stereo. Plenty of acceleration for my tastes. Considered a Cayenne S, but decided against it due to rear leg room. RR is 7" longer, and is much more comfortable in the back. Aerodynamics are strange: water pools on hood even at 70mph, and rear end has an updraft that gets it dirty in about 5 seconds. But a fine vehicle, one that I'll be hanging onto for a long time.