2004 Land Rover Range Rover 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - the new series is simply

2004 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

the new series is simply the best
By GR Webster on

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this is the car BMW designed and it drives like one- simply beautiful. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the pre 2002 models - its not only wider, taller and longer, but has a monocoque body {no frame rails} and fully independent suspension - in fact the only part used from the earlier series is the rear tail gate Land Rover logo disk. All the attention to detail from the cup holders, to the ignition key placement are perfect. It is fast, too, the BMW 545 V-8 engine has the power to move this truck, and make some good BMW noise while doing it. I own two of these 2003 vehicles and they are the best. Trust me on this.

Favorite Features

The new automatic manual shift mode, it works better than any I've tried. Great electric 3 memory seats. Also new feature lets you lower the body for passenger egress while approaching to park.

Suggested Improvements

Only issue I have is the electric/remote door locking proceedure. it requires two clicks to open all the door and fuel access, but this is a minor annoiance.