2004 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (115 reviews )
transmission slippage possible recall
By salvador on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

After about a year, I've notice transmission is starting to not shift into second. It gets stuck and will not shift. It is getting worse. In addition, the vehicle rises and lowers while sitting at stop signs(I don't think this is normal?). I AM MOST CONCERN ABOUT THE TRANMISSION NOT SHIFTING. RANGE ROVER IS AWARE OF THIS.BUT YOU HAVE TO FIGHT LIKE HELL TO HAVE THESE DEALERSHIPS ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PROBLEMS. I understand that Range Rover is now going to redisign the transmissions. I guess they added the BMW Transmission with the Range Rover differential system. The problems are starting to happen around 20-30 thousand miles.

Very Pleased
By Pleased on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Driving the Land Rover Range Rover has been a thrill. This SUV not only turns heads based on the sleek appearance, it handles like a dream. The interior is exceptionally comfortable-it just works well. The stadium seating is great for the kids. I've never noticed so many people checking out my car as I do now driving the Range Rover- its a great SUV!

best
By hahano on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

this is the best ever

Grey/Grey Westminster
By TadM on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Even people that don't like cars covet the new Range Rover. It handles and rides like our old 1998 BMW 740iL. We looked at the no personality Lexus LX470. The RR is amazing in the rough stuff.

Lemon
By Larry Goodman on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the car 2003 in june of 2002. We had problems from the start. Replaced engine, resealed all windows and hydrolic problems. The car was found to be a lemon and was replaced by Land Rover. We received a new a new 2004 on Dec. 23 2003. We are now having the same problems as before. The hydrolic system has put the car in the shop for the last week. While the dealership has been acceptable the quality of the SUV has not.

owner
By fafar on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Be ready to spend top $ for good look,that is all you going to get. I am spending more day's in shop than on the road

Weekend Vehicle
By docvp on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a range rover and have always owned a BMW. I initially brought a 2003, and driving out of the lot, the steering went in to major problems. I decided to wait for the 2004 model and paid a premium. 10 problems.1) Lumbar supports deflate) Navigation freezes 3) Fuel guage never reads full 4)HVAC fan in rear and front make loud vibration noise - dealer says there is no problem5) thekicker - air suspension, level control inactive for three weeks. In shop three times for that - I have driven a rental(which I had to pay for- Land Rover does not offer loaners) more than the rover in winter (that's why I brought it!)out of room....

awesome!!!!!!
By d. garcia on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

not too shabby
By glm on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

great engine and handeling- it took the Germans to make a decent British car. You can still see the British heritage in some of my complaints in fit and finish. I just turned in a LX 470 with 50k for this car and can't think of a single complaint with that car1

rover review
By malcolmesq on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic looking and driving vehicle. The gas mileage is terrible and I have a serious problem with the paint on the exterior but it is a fun car.