2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (114 reviews )
Happy I bought it
By Danny Paul on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have had two very reliable Land Crusers before and I am very happy with this vehicle. It is clearly a luxury vehicle in every way possible

Giverny Green
By fragras on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Quality and detail excellent. Very comfortable and loads of features. Not a high performance firecracker but easy to drive and handle.

my car
By sshokrian on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I find the navigation systom very easy to use, as well as the audio. compared to the 2004 Mercedes s500 which we bought in Feb, 2004 it is a snap. My lease will be up on that thing before I figue it out.

THE BEST
By bigpoppeer on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I ever drove!

Best SUV around
By geoffsam on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car.....far superior to Jeep, Explorer, Lexus, Navigator...all of which I have owned. Only the GPS system and radio are terrible...must be improved. Big gas guzzler

More than what I expected
By jml61 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

It is a fantastic vehicle. I have owned it since July of 2003. I was dobtful of buying because I had owned a 1994 Discovery (purchased new) that had given me problems and had a heavy drive. This one is fantiastic in all aspects and has an excellent drive, needless to say it looks great. If your are thinking of buying it, ACT. You will not repent! I read these reports and they weighed heavy on my decission. I decided to move forward with the purchase and am glad I did.

Buyer beware
By tbone1 on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a fully loaded Range Rover and after only 1,200 miles it is back at the dealership with the following. Electrical problems, Frame problems, Steering colum, Trans warning light and shutdown, Not starting and many more. And if that was not enough the dealership and Land Rover won't replace the car. I had to hire two law firms to assist and the problem is still not close to being resolved. For the money you pay for this car you would think Land Rover would bend over to help, but no way. Then they are owned by Ford

Range Rover expencive but worth it.
By Phil Susterick on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I live in MN & we're known for harsh winters. As result I've been driving 4x4's for the past 18yrs, Jeep Grand Cherokee mostly, but, my 2003 Range Rover beats the heck out of all of them put together. I've never felt safer or in more control as I do with this vehicle. And off-road - there is NO equal. If you can afford one you'll never regret ownership. I will buy another.

Very well thought out
By Timothy Knight on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This Rover hits on almost all points. The Navigation system seems a step back from the BMW nav. system that it is based on, and the BMW unit was no great shakes. I am hoping that the electronics are going to hold out, I have 3 BMW’s currently and one of them seems to have gremlins. Lets hope that Ford had a good look. Drove that car across the country, the car preformed flawlessly and comfortably. We live in the mountains so the Rover should be a match made in heaven! Love the fit and finish, outstanding!!!!

Range Rover
By cmdierickx on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The Range is smooth and easy to drive despite of its size. It is very comfortable. Owning also a G500 (that I LOVE!) makes driving the Range a very different experience. It's spacious and noiseless. Because I have children I love the fact that there are shoulder seat belts for all the seats including the middle back passenger.