Used 2004 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (116 reviews )

Too Many Little Things Go Wrong....
By mthomas

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Wind noise around doors, wind noise around sunroof, adjustable steering column breaks and steering wheel falls in my lap while driving, noisy out of balance tires that can't be balanced, audio speakers falling onto floor- board, intermittent "jack hammer" sound coming from behind dash when accelerating (of course, it won't do it when its at the dealership). Did I mention all the noise!?!?!? A plethora of squeaks and rattles....PLEASE! A great status symbol and ego booster, but for $75K, how poor! And, for $75K, where's the satellite radio, auto-on at dusk headlamps, automatic door locks, etc. etc. etc.????????? Go with the big Lexus SUV. You won't be disappointed.

Snob appeal. And, it is truly amazing off road.

See above.

2004 Range Rover
By love my rover

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I am on my second Range Rover and I love it. The ride, handling, and performance are all excellent. I have owned the car for 1 year and have had no issues with my vehicle at all. It continues to be a pleasure to drive every day. I have driven and owned several luxury SUV's and I have yet to see another vehicle that feels anywhere near as solid and well built. I feel very safe behind the wheel. Despite being a large SUV, the car accelerates and brakes extremely well (far better than the older model) and handles much like a BMW. The car is awesome. It was an expensive truck but I've never once regretted buying it.

Best of all I love the solid feel of the vehicle. I also believe the 570 watt Logic7 HK sound system is one of the best factory systems I've ever heard. The ride is excellent as is the handling.

I've had the car a year and still can't really work the navigation system, otherwise no complaints.

Silence is Golden
By David Harland

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car that I bought on the strength of the previous model. Its a great car ALL round, more economical than the 4.o ltr, faster and more stable with a host of features. One dissapointment, it's noisier than the old model and more raunchy. I'm sure lots of people like the throaty sound under acceleration but personally I'd prefer a silent car in this class

Solid feel, build quality and finish. Stacks of toys. Total CLASS

Storage space for the rear shelf when not not used as a cover. More soundproofing

THE BEST 4 X 4 X FAR
By NAABS

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

IT IS THE BEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD. NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO IT. NOT ESCALADE, NOT HUMMER, NOT CAYENNE NOT NAVIGATOR AND CERTAINLY NOT THE EXPLORER. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER TO DRIVE THAN THIS.

2004 Range Rover
By Dan Jones

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

2004 Head gasket problem - know the service men all too well. Not so good for $73,000.

Great style, good stereo