Used 2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (116 reviews )

There is nothing like THE Range Rova!
By NHroverlover

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my RR as a Cert Land Rover, and purchsed the extend warr. I absolutely love this truck. The " Snob factor" , everyone looks and stares at you when your in this SUV. Dealership service has been perfect, and they have even picked me up at the airport at 11 pm to get my baby back from being in for a schd service.

The sound system is awesome, ride & comfort is great, performance is good, highway cruising at 80+ is pure pleasure, and kick it up a few notches and it's even happier! Everyone gets out of the way when they see a ROVA comin up on there tail!

DVD nav, rear hvac controls and system could be better, backup camera, more commonly used tire size ( only 3 tires aval for this SUV), analog clock should be placed higher, not behind the gear selector. Glass headlight covers should be a quick part to replace not a $1000+ part to replace it all.

range rover
By westminister

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I had used ordinary land rovers almost 20 years ago and finally decided to go to the top of the line in this family and that was Range Rover Westminster limited edition. The car turned out to be exactly what can be expected of its performance, ride, stability, safety and speed. I did not have any high expectations of fuel efficiency. When you use a car like this, you are not concerned about fuel efficiency. But, I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience of getting 14 to 15 mpg in city driving and 18+ for highway driving (in spite of high speed and full blown air conditioning use).

Leather seats are comfortable to adjust and enjoy a non tiring journey. Ground clearance suspension works very well. Lowering it for short height passengers is a breeze and blessing. Speakers produce a decent sound quality for enjoyment by all passengers.

GPS and the navigation system are not state of the art. They can take some improvement. The cd/dvd for the nav system also need to be more current. Third row seat availability will be a great feature. Wiper blades could be of better quality considering the terrain that the car will be used in.

King of the Hill
By renaldop

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Range Rover. It is fun to drive both on and off road. I have a Lincoln LS V8 that I am planning to trade in, probably for another Range Rover (or Range Rover Sport). My RR has been in the shop a few times, but this is not out of the norm for such a highly technical masterpiece. Additionally, the top notch service at the dealership certainly helps. Ofcourse, they always provide either a Range Rover or LR3 for me to drive while my vehicle is being serviced. Although Lexus makes a "cute" and “inexpensive” SUV, it certainly doesn’t compare to the class and pedigree of the Range Rover. Range Rover is the best vehicle for a person that is willing to pay a little extra for the best.

Ultimate SUV/status symbol…definitely a vehicle for someone that expects no less than the best. Fun to drive…and a truly beautiful car.

The 2006 Land Rover Range Rover seems to have made many of the improvements that I would have recommended...ie: Back-up camera, supercharged option for ultimate speed and performance prowess, better stereo/nav useability, etc... Its difficult to find many complaints with this vehicle.

Range Rover Review
By Steve McNair

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have been pleased with my ownership experience. This vehicle offers the rare combination of prestige, sportiness, and utility. It is at home on the freeway and on city streets. My only suggestions for improvement is more cargo and storage space. The glove box is woefully small and other than the center console, there is no other place to store anything bigger than a credit card. The other suggestion is to make the navigation system more user friendly. This car is extremely nimble, considering its imposing weight. The only reliability issue I have had has been a problem with the tailgate latch not closing completely. The problem was repaired at the dealership to my satisfaction.

My favorite features include the upgraded leather, auto height adjustment, it's handling abilities, the exterior lines, the manual transmission setting and the interior layout.

More storage and cargo space is necessary. Also, make the navigation system more user friendly and add a keyless go start option. Otherwise, don't change a thing!

RIP OFF!!!
By Jean

2004 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this car was a total problem almost right from the start. we didn't listen to all the talk about the air suspension problems dealing w/this car and low and behold when we bought it, after the lemon-law didn't apply, we had major troubles w/the air suspension becoming inactive (we had to take it in 4 TIMES!!) what's worse is customer service won't even help us with the problem. they won't offer us a fair trade in or a good price on a new one even though it was completely their fault. big car companies should know that when you spend this much on a car you pay for good performance and service. we didn't receive either. save yourself a lot of trouble and purchase a Lexus.