2004 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (115 reviews )
2004 Review and response to
By DONN on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 Range Rover in April and I could not be happier with it. As a car enthusiast, I have had many fine automobiles including the 2002 Toyota Landcruiser which I traded in for the RR. In response to the ill informed "M Waldner, re. Garbage", I would not put all that much consideration into an article written with words that are not in the English language, ie. sfter & suspenion. The Range Rover is an excellent vehicle given it's BMW roots which have provided it with significantly increased reliability and performance. The only drawback I have been able to find is with the navigation system which I would rate as poor.

Very Nice Ride
By givergreen on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Looking for lux car (S500, 745il, A8) but ended up with 2004 Range Rover with int lux pkg and 20in wheels. This is my 2nd SUV (Still owns a 2000 Landcruiser). Very classy design in and out. Everything feels solid and well made. Ride is good even with 20in wheels. Engine power is adequate for this heavy SUV, but it needs more for steep hill at 80mph+ loaded with passengers. Almost as quiet as the LCriser, but not as smooth. Sounds system is good, depending on the music. Nav is very bad. Turn on the radio/cd and your NAV screen is gone. It needs a dedicated button to go back to vehicle position map. I know most of my way around so I seldom use the NAV.

range rover
By IICHILL4U on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the greatest truck ever built!!!!! It combines ruggedness and luxury in a package unparalelled by any other vehichle on the planet!!! Land Rover only makes SUV's so there's no surprise that they reign supreme in this market. Land Rover put it best. Not A. The.

Garbage
By m waldner on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

We found the car was in the repair shop 1 month after buying it. We became best friends with the head of service sfter that because thats where the car stayed. We had problems with the suspenion to the electric to the valves all major problems that land rover in their own words could not stand behind.

Traded my Mercedes S
By Stromlaw on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Range Rover. I have driven only Mercedes for last 15 years, mostly S class. If you offerd me a new 500 S or a Range Rover, I would take the Rover. Sevice is great!

BEST SUV OUT THERE
By JON DROGE on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I HAVE THIS SAME VEH AND LUV IT . IWOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD. THE ONLY THEING IS I THINK THIS VEH IS JUST A LITTLE OVER PRICED

Wonderful SUV
By jbmay on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely the best SUV I have ever driven.Great performance, excellent handling,goes anywhere, and I love the way it looks. It is great for long trips, it has no trouble pulling big boats, and I feel very secure driving in bad weather.

LOVE IT
By MONTY on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

iT 'S LIKE DRIVING AROUND ON YOUR SOFA. THERE IS NOTHING AS COMFORABLE TO DRIVE AND THE ABILITY TO SEE EVERYTHING AROUND YOU IS FANTASTIC. I WILL FOREVER HAVE A RANGE ROVER IN MY GARAGE

Way Better Than Very High Expectations
By MN Dave on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is a very fine vehicle. I have owned it (new 2003 model) through at least part of all four seasons in MN. Winter performance was great, with the different safety automatic controls, could not get it to slip more than 6 inches on icy streets even when trying. Very pleased that my wife has it for winter commutes. Excellent Peromance on muddy hills. Fun to drive on road, quiet, nimble and powerful. Beautiful inside and out. No service or fit and finish [roblems at all. Do not understand what the complaints on the GPS are.

Major Suspension Problems
By dmorningcall on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

A beautiful SUV with major suspension issues. Car has been in the shop for over a month this year. Rear and front suspension failed. Sub frame bolts came loose!