Used 2004 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (116 reviews )

the queen drives one!!!!
By drt

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Had a bmw x-5, so we like the underpinnings of the range rover. this vehicle is impressive in its looks and style. we were very impressed with the closed off road course capability. can't wait to hit the back roads. got the bonatti grey with charcoal, with a rear entertainment system. it is like sitting in a theater. has surround sound. wow! better than my house. actually will find myself watching a movie in the suv, (in the garage!) recommend the vehicle if the price doesnt scare you. the nav does suck however. my acura has the best nav i've seen yet. but who cares about that, unless you can't find your way out your own backyard.

Range Rover
By Roskos1

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Range Rover of the new model, our first was a 2003. Great car, wife loves it with the kids. Be sure to have your dealer install the headrest DVDs, (after narket). A/C is the best I have ever tested. The volume from the fan is incredible, (we live in Arizona). Stabiltiy and power is great. This was a BMW designed and built factory for this model before ford purchased Range Rover. It has all of the look and feel of BMW on the inside, with the ride os my S500 class Mercedes.

Ride is incredible.

none

Luxury Package Range Rover 2004
By MJander

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

If you are even halfway considering a luxury sport utilty vehicle, you owe it to yourself to drive this ultimate "Mark III" Range Rover. The craftsmanship of the interior marterials is far superior to those found in premium sedans costing several thousands more. The offroad-ability is merely an added bonus! Others considered: E500 wagon, E500 sedan (2wd)and Audi Allroad. None approached the vault-like construction or opulence of the Range Rover. The only downside is the gas mileage; however, this is greatly offset by the tax advantages of this vehicle.

Supreme driving characteristics and interior. Regal presence. Nicest leather I have ever seen (or smelled!) with the luxury package. Gorgeous dash. The ride is extremely comfortable and controlled.

More horsepower/Diesel Option/Better gas mileage. Included maintenance for 3 to 5 years would be nice.

Nice Car
By B wilmot

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Nice Car. I have two small children and I find it difficult to get them into the back by lifting them into their car seats. I would have liked the option of 3rd row seats which are not available. The cargo area is big but with kids I could use even a larger space.

Driver and passenger seats are very comfortable. The car handles very nicely in all weather conditions.

although the car is only 1 year old door gaskets have ripped and the finish is coming off of the steering wheel. The car needs running boards.