2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
I love it
By I love it!!!! on 11/01/07 07:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is by far and away the best vehicle I have owned. Ever since a kid I have always wanted a Range Rover. I finally got one and I have'nt been happier. This car is beautiful inside and out. I have the Navy Blue with the Ivory seats. The car is very reliable as well. I have driven it close to 10k miles and I haven't had one issue with it. I bought it at 59k and it drives as if new. I would recommend this car to anyone.

I Love It!
By Dave on 08/28/07 14:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

It is the best driving experience out there. I have owned just about every great car and this is the best. I know it gets bad milage and it has reliability isues, but it is all worth it. It is smooth, the sound system is insane and it is just relaxing to drive. I actually like driving it more than any other car I have owned. I love it! British class with German engineering. All good.

Very costly
By mlaxiniowa on 08/14/07 06:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

We enjoy this car when it's working. However, we've had repeated radiator problems. All repairs are very expensive and service is lacking. Can take up to 6 weeks to get parts.

Not bad!
By Hank on 06/22/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have been very surprised with the reliability of this vehicle. I bought it mainly for the looks, but I am surprised by the durability. Rides smooth, not as big as you might think. I would definitely by another. Not the Ford one though, only the BMW model.

2003 Range Rover
By DAKF on 08/10/06 22:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Mechanically, it has been a great car (if you can overlook getting 14 mpg). It's absolutely the most comfortable Rover yet and drives like a dream. I have had no mechanical breakdowns, but have had many incidental repairs, from interior pieces coming off to the radio/nav system going down.

Excellent Vehicle
By Range Rover HSE on 03/21/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This has to be one of the finest automobile experiences I've had in a very long time. I had spinal surgery several month's before my purchase and this was the only car that could give me the confidence to get back on the freeways and streets again. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone contemplating a purchase of one of the best SUV's out there.

All Weather Champ
By mneil on 12/13/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle used from a non-LR dealer with 35k. It seems that many of these vehicles are now coming off lease and are good bargains, and may still be under warranty (like mine) for at least another year. Dealer has been very helpful. Vehicle is smooth, comfortable, and glides up snowy and slippery roads when other vehicles are left spinning their wheels (although the computer takes over and limits your ability to accelerate). I can't say enough good about this vehicle. It is a comfortable, all weather champion.

As good as it gets...
By RoverLover on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

If the price tag for this truck is intended to manage your expectations to the highest point, Land Rover has succeeded. I've been a BMW owner for years, and when I saw (and read) about the German engineering that contributed to the re-design of the third- generation Range Rover I was intrigued. The BMW 4.4 liter V8 (tuned to the needs of the more weighty Rover than the 5 series) seems a plenty powerful match-up to the Rover. (Coming from the polar opposite ride, a 1997 M3, I can't be a good judge of handling, acceleration, etc. on comparison.) Actual fuel economy, reset for a 4-hour stretch of interstate with cruise on was 20.6 mpg.

Be Aware
By richr on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Pros: Great ride, gas mileage exceeds 18 mpg on combined, hwy & city driving. Cons: Transmission and electrical problems from the start. Land Rover Corporate has NOT been helpful in correcting these problems. Off-road: Good but beware, wheels go out of alignment extremely easily. Even in city driving, you need to check alignment frequently. The factory tires will cup if out of alignment.

ultimate British SUV!
By LRlover on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I just moved to the states from Kloof, South Africa, where Land Rovers are the staple off-road vehicle. They are dependable, long lasting vehicles (more than 80% of every Land Rover ever produced since 1948 is still running on the road today.) I had a 1990 Discovery Td5 which has been the best SUV I have ever owned, until the 2003 Range Rover. Land Rovers offer a unique owning experience that can't be described, you just have to own one to feel it! Drive this vehicle, and you will understand why these British SUVs are revered around the world, especially by the royal family.