2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Stellar vehicle all the way

2002 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Review

Stellar vehicle all the way around!
By eyefleye on

2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Going on five years with my Rangey and surprisingly zero problems. I love the timeless styling and comfort. I bought 1 of 300 Westminster editions and hardly see any others on the road. I live in Atlanta and I think there's only one more here in town! Sturdy build quality, parts & paint keep her looking sweet and sexy, like the day she came off the truck. I bought it with 50k on it and now we're at 109k, nothing but routine maintenance. I bought the warranty through 100k and didn't use it once. I'm a true believer that if you take care of these Rovers, they'll last forever. My local shop says mine is one of the dryest underneath they've seen, for the mileage.

Favorite Features

Classic styling, not flashy, great reliability. Creature comforts are great, Westminster has upgraded leather that is plusher than standard HSE. At 109k there aren't even any squeaks or rattles that tend to plague Japanese and American SUVs. All electronics are well designed and conveniently usable.

Suggested Improvements

None...other than fuel economy, but if you're buying any large SUV you should know what you're in for. Comparably, the Rovers aren't any worse than most others.