2002 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Review: I know but I still can't part

2002 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

I know but I still can't part with it
By Rocks5 on

2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We are into 6 years with this car and have had issues (all handled by warranty and extended warranty) but can't part with it. It has had enough work to seem new still and rides like it. It tows like a truck and during the worst Colorado winter on recent record was the only vehicle to get out of the neighborhood(including Hummers and a Ford f250 4 wheel drive). We have an SRX Caddy awd and an Audi w Quattro. We keep the RR as a second car now, but, when it snows the Range is what my wife insists on having drives. It's quirky but gets the job done when we really need it.

Gets through anything a stock vehicle can. Looks burlier not older. Security blanket when Blizzards hit here on Colorado. Rocks on the rocks without adding burley aftermarket goods.

After 6 years it is too late now, but as the value is close to the bottom why trade when you can't replace for less than 60k. Plus, I think we have replaced enough parts to have a new RR again.