An Expensive Ride
By INSTANT ROVER FAN on
2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
So far so good. I took over this Range Rover after it was garage kept and pampered at every routine dealer maintenance suggestion. I continue to do the same and have not been disappointed. It's an expensive vehicle to maintain, but it will not disappoint when its called to duty. Yes, the vehicle has some quirks, but its something I have found in each vehicle I have owned. Nothing is perfect, but this vehicle gets me and my family where we need to go regardless of the weather and most importantly it does it safely. Luxury is one thing, but safety and reliability is top priority in my book and that is why I chose the 2002 Range Rover as the chariot of choice.
Favorite Features
I love the overall look and agree that it is a timeless style. The windows are designed in a away that there are no obstacles to block your view of the road or the scenery around you. Touring in this fine vehicle is a great way to escape life's stresses. What a feeling behind the wheel!
Suggested Improvements
Yes,something should be done concerning the poor mileage. One should also consider that the weight of this vehicle is the main reason for the poor mileage. I prefer a heavy suv with poor mileage than a light suv with better mileage. You are safer in a heavier vehicle. It's the simple law of physics.
By cerealkiller93
on 03/10/14 23:04 PM (PDT)

Would just like to add that "you are safer in a heaver vehicle. It's the simple law of physics." Does not always hold true. Example: A formula one car weighs about 1,000lbs, yet you can crash it at 200 mph into a wall and walk away. A more real world example would be the crash test of the 1st generation (under BMW ownership) MINI Cooper, 30mph off-side front impact, where there was no intrusion at all to the passenger compartment. Same test with a ~98-2003 Ford F-150, the roof and floor of the passenger compartment buckled and the driver was crushed in between the steering wheel and the seat. Terribly dangerous. You can google this in fact, just look up Mini vs f150 crash test or something along those lines. I am sure the Range Rover is an incredibly safe vehicle, I am just stating that heavier does not mean safer. Safety is engineered via crumple zones. Before modern safety features this may have been true, but not anymore.