2000 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Loved this car
By mali on 05/26/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

My parents first purchased this car, and at first I thought it was the ugliest thing they could have bought, but after a few years I really started getting attached and when I got my license my parents let me have it. Within the year I drove i but 18,000 miles on it and it already had 186k so it was at the end of it life, so expected there was wear and tear but mostly in good condition. What broke was the suspension (EAS fault) which probably costs more to replace than what the car is worth currently. I used this car to drive friends around, haul grain for the horses, and we took many family adventures in it threw the cascades. Over all it was pretty reliable

Love my HSE
By lwell on 05/23/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

I have enjoyed my HSE far more than I expected. It is a work horse, yet comfortable and elegant. No issue so far at all, very reliable.

4.6 HSE, Love it!
By Keith on 03/28/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

Reliable so long as it is maintained. Diesel would be ideal but not available in North America!! Fuel economy for a v8 truck is pretty good at about 18mpg combined and 25mpg hwy. Offroad performance which is a reason for my purchase is phenomenal and this is proven, living in Salmon Arm British Columbia. Overpriced but just buy a year-old unit, then it is a steal!

It's a great car if you have the funds
By Rovering on 03/17/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my truck in November 2000. It was a special edition, in which 25 were made (125 were planned, but 25 only made it out). I love the car, plan on driving it into the ground, however it still is a Range Rover. To begin with Rovers are not well known for their reliability. It isn't the question of whether you have a good one or a bad one, it is more like I have a bad one or a less bad one. So far during my ownership, I have replaced a fair amount, about $10,000 worth of work since new. I also know that since I came out of warranty, I need to put in about $4-5k. I would avoid a Range Rover and go Japanese, unless a Land Rover/Range Rover is a must have

An Outstanding Choice
By RTL--Bellevue on 11/18/07 16:26 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

I use my Range Rover--and it really performs. Snow, mud, sand, up hills and down without complaint. Towing is a breeze--very stable frame. Throughout it all, my RR has been outstanding. Excellent driver visibility and superior lighting make it a treat to drive.

Worst Car Ever Owned
By Apllw on 05/02/07 09:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

The best day of owning this vehicle was the day we sold it. And even that was a loss. Vehicle was always breaking down. No heat on driver side. Brake job. Heated seats never worked. Driving around town I would get cramps in my arms from the effort it took to keep this vehicle driving straight. This vehicle was a gem to drive on vacation or long term trips- and the AWD was amazing.

Better than expected reliability.
By runtgun on 03/31/07 06:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

After buying a used 2000 HSE and putting about 40,000 miles on it, we've been pleasantly surprised by the reliability. In that time, we had the tie-rod ends replaced and the driver's seat heater element replaced. Nothing else has failed and it still drives like new. The Michelin tires are hardly worn (original!). The small details (side mirrors dimmable, etc) are welcome, but it's the solid, unflappable performance on poor traction surfaces that makes it our favorite vehicle.

You will get noticed! Great 4X4
By Rover owner on 11/08/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved owning my Range Rover. I can tow our boat behind, put a canoe on top, and drive in comfort down the highway. My kids and I love to take it off road. It really can go anywhere the tires can get traction. I have not had any breakdowns with it, however I do maintain my Range Rover religiously. If you are thinking of buying one of these make sure you get a certified Land Rover preowned with a complete warranty. They are very expensive to repair and maintain. My Range Rover is well worth the money- it is the most fun I have had with any vehicle, it can carry all my recreational toys with ease, go anywhere up mountains and through rivers, the kids love it, and it looks great too!

Range Rover? In a heartbeat!
By Mountain Man on 09/19/05 09:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

This is a 5000 lb. truck, not a sedan. If you want a highway poseur stationwagon, buy something else. I've taken the RR camping in the mountains, & it simply goes wherever you point it; no drama. The only real competition for this vehicle is the Mercedes G-wagon, which rides like a tank on the road. I can go off-road with modified trucks, and cruise home on the highway like a limo. Absolutely, the BEST 4x4 by far! Find an independent shop that knows Rovers; only a fool would use a dealer for service!

Don't make the mistake
By br1993 on 06/07/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4dr SUV AWD

I'm on my second Range Rover. My family has 4 of them also and we're all moving away from Land Rover. Don't let the extended warrany fool you. You will spend 4 times the vehicle price to maintain the vehicle! Don't ever buy a used Land Rover! So many problems and not worth the headaches. Land Rovers are kind of like horses, the best two days you have them are the day you buy them and the day you sell them. Get Ready for $1000 brake jobs every 8,000 miles. Make sure you like the dealerships loaner car before you buy because thats what you will be driving most of the time. Everyone of our landrovers has had MAJOR problems. Please don't make this mistake.