1997 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Review: Range Rover great visibility a

1997 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

4.0 SE 4dr SUV (4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Range Rover great visibility and comfort
By kpacific on

1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I commute in the vehicle on the freeway, and love the height and visibility that I have. The Rover manuvers well on the open road, but pick up can be a problem. Sluggish going up hills. Does well on dirt mountain roads in rain and snow. The AWD is a plus. The cost of driving the car, from gas to repairs to replacement parts is very high. In my 30+ years of driving, I've never had to have my car towed in for repair until my Rover...it's been towed twice. With this vehicle, you must find a reliable, knowledgeable repair facility. This is difficult, even in an urban setting.

Favorite Features

Interior quality and the interior roominess is excellent. Can haul furniture, lumber or dogs easily. Seat is very comfortable. After an 8 - 10 hour drive, I get out of the car with no aches and pains. Visibility is very good.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension system with the air bags was a big mistake. I've spent plenty repairing and replacing parts of this system more than once. I've also had trouble with the air conditioning system x 2.