Solid and Majestic
By Concorde on
1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD
Having owned my rover for some time now. I can say its been a great vehicle. Rovers in general are high maintenance but their cores are incredibly strong. Btw, the last poster said it's a Ford which isn't true. They weren't bought out by ford till 2001. And how does paint "fail"? I'm not going to lie, mine leaks, it creaks, and has plenty of quirks. But I love it. I have 164k miles on it and it shifts smooth, the engine purrs, and it's amazing off road. It does ride a bit harsh, but that is solid axles for you. Its incredibly easy to work on and a great DIY vehicle. Everyone in the family loves the rig and it has lots of room and its AMAZING in the snow.
Favorite Features
The visibility is wonderful. The odd behavior is odd but cool, idk it's different. The solid feeling and the overall simplicity of the design. The style is my favorite part. Simple, elegant, and not trying to hard.
Suggested Improvements
Smoother ride, a little more power would be nice. Don't ever use non-top hat liners again (mechanics know what I mean). All of these suggestions have been implemented on the newer models though.