After 16 years of ownership.
By dench on
1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD
I have this car (1996 RR 4.0SE P38a) for the past 16 years and it has been one of my favorite car that provides most fun when driving it. I love the driving position that gives me the control of the road like no other SUV. There are many problems with the car, but the main thing is that it's a truly reliable vehicle when you take good care of it. I've also experienced things like EAS(changed to fixed suspension), disfunctional A/C (Auto failed), plastic parts on the door frames are falling apart, interior panels crack apart, check engine light on all the time (didn't have any clue) and it just keeps on going and going... I've done most of my maints on a local shop, didn't spend much $.
Favorite Features
The best thing about it is the handling, the safe feel that no other car can give. I also owned a Volvo, and the RR is much safer and better built than a Volvo. Nothing is more important than safty, it all I ask for when driving on/off road.
Suggested Improvements
well, people always compliant about quality issues. I would say that too, but after over 16 years (650k miles) what more could you ask for? Another new RR? Oh, maybe after another 10 years.