1996 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
review
By sean99cd on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

this is a great overall and very safe car

It is the King of SUV's
By rover7 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

My Range Rover has been a joy to own, other than regular matinence it has been a real treat. When the occational problem arises it is costly to go to land rover but the quality of work, and the atmosphere is great! My Rover has never left me stranden, and that is very important to me and my family. We feel very safe and secure in this primier SUV. It is a 10 for me! Join the club!!!

Horribly overpriced with poor cupholders
By runf77 on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I wanted a used RR forever, and finally purchased a 96 rover with only 10k miles a year on it. As far as comfort and room there was no comparison, but as far as value forgetaboutit. I have had only minor repairs done since I have purchased and let me tell you $520 +to replace a front headlight.(just the lightmind you).350.00 to reset a sensor for the electronic stabilizing system...glad nothing major has gone wrong, I'd need a second mortgage! This is on top of 12 mpg driving the tank.The final straw...the most ill concieved cupholders in the auto industry. You'd think a $59000 vehichle could hold a cup of Starbucks coffee. Spend your money on a Landcruiser or Lx470.

Happy with 1996 Range Rover
By Rover in Portland on 03/07/02 14:41 PM (PST)

1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased a used 1996 4.0 Range Rover with 33,000 miles on it in December 2001 and have been very pleased with the car. There is no comparison to any other SUV as far as luxury; Range Rover is the "Creme de la creme". Definately the Ultimate 4x4! Also definately don't buy a new one, wait a few years and pay half the new retail sticker - I picked mine up for $29,000 and the sticker on new ones is over $60,000.