1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
1995 Range Rover SWB County Classic 3.9L~A great Rig!
By jma3 on 11/12/12 13:18 PM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

I recently aquired my 95 RRC SWB, Beluga Black from the San Diego, Ca. area & did drive it back to the S.F. Bay area (8.5 hour drive) without any issues. I had been wanting one for the past 12 years & I finally got it. My plans are to repair, replace(parts) & restore this beautiful classy rig to brand new condition. Spring/Bilstein conversion has been completed & Borla exhaust from the headers back were added. I was shocked to find out,the 3.9L engine, along with exhaust system gave it plenty of power providing 20-21MPG in freeway driving hauling 3 adults+luggage. Also noticed multiple looks in the aesthetics department. Will need replacement of gaskets, as it's leaking oil+a few relays.

The Best 4x4xFar
By Jim on 08/13/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it last year with 115,000 miles. Very few problems so far. The 1995 model year has a few quirks, such as air bags that make it very difficult to add aftermarket grill guards and other things. Added a roof rack, an ax, and some other goodies. Great stereo.

Looking For a New One!
By Billy D. on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased new, this vehicle has been enjoyable to drive but at a price! Those shy to maintenance should avoid this SUV. My extended warrany more than paid for itself. I would hightly recommend one for any hight end SUV. Rust on the bonnet and tailgate need to be checked regularly as well as front brakes. Fluid leaks were a problem early on but were successfully fixed 5 yrs ago. Rear seat room is tight and rear door handles are tricky to reach. I wish I got the LWB instead but this is great truck none the less. I'm looking for a 2003 Range Rover now!

Long term 1995 classic owner
By wem on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Have had this baby since new. While it is prone to needing repairs for the oddest things (door latches fail and I can't get out of the front door!), in gneral it has not cost all that much for repair. For the first 5 years, it averaged $35/month in repair/ maintenance (including oil changes). For the last few years, it's averaged ~$200- 300/month. Since it's paid for, this is way less than a car payment (what can you buy for this?). However, I'm now on my 6th alternator in the past year (all replaced under the new parts warranty). So, it is high maintenance and aggrevating sometimes, but is not all that expensive on average.

1995 Range Rover SWB County
By PhotoMike on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Fantastic Land Rover. The last year they built the RRC was the best in many areas including EFI engine management and interior (dashboard design - borrowed from the Discovery and refined for the RR). Actually, under the hood boasts a variety of newer and improved systems such as the ABS and the emissions control. The interior is retained, but slightly refined. As a 5-time Land Rover owner, this fine example of handbuilt-craftsmanship is my choice of conveyance. Only a well- priced Denfender could make me stray.

An Expensive Investment
By Blandon on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

I have just sold my Rover after having owned it for about 4 year. When this car is running well and all electrical items are functioning it's a blast. It's incredibly expensive and frustrating when things are not operating. Be aware that being a Rover owner is a HIGH maintenace and expensive job.

New Rover Owner
By shannonsfc on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

I can't believe how inexpensive the classic stlye Range Rover has gotten, esp. years 1995 & prior. This vehicle is awesome and full of luxury features all standard. I'm very happy to finally be a Rover owner. This vehicle is a blast to drive.