1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Family Favorite Since 1995
By tjnc21 on 05/14/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

This car is an amazing vehicle. My mother bought it new in 1995 a few months before I was born. We've been through a few cars since then, and this is the only one that has stayed. Sure, it has some faults (i.e. the air suspension gave out, the alternator died a few times, the headliner sags), but we love it nonetheless. No other car has compared to it (except for maybe the all-new 2013 model). My mother got a new car a few months ago, and boy was I glad. I am 17 and could not be more happy to have this as my first car. The coil suspension IS bouncy and its slow to accelerate, but this car has kept me safe since I was a baby, and it continues to do so today. 55k miles and still going strong!

1995 Range Rover SWB County Classic 3.9L~A great Rig!
By jma3 on 11/12/12 13:18 PM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

I recently aquired my 95 RRC SWB, Beluga Black from the San Diego, Ca. area & did drive it back to the S.F. Bay area (8.5 hour drive) without any issues. I had been wanting one for the past 12 years & I finally got it. My plans are to repair, replace(parts) & restore this beautiful classy rig to brand new condition. Spring/Bilstein conversion has been completed & Borla exhaust from the headers back were added. I was shocked to find out,the 3.9L engine, along with exhaust system gave it plenty of power providing 20-21MPG in freeway driving hauling 3 adults+luggage. Also noticed multiple looks in the aesthetics department. Will need replacement of gaskets, as it's leaking oil+a few relays.

The Best 4x4xFar
By Jim on 08/13/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it last year with 115,000 miles. Very few problems so far. The 1995 model year has a few quirks, such as air bags that make it very difficult to add aftermarket grill guards and other things. Added a roof rack, an ax, and some other goodies. Great stereo.

Range Rover is Land Lemon
By snowmotion on 03/14/08 00:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

These cars make me wonder how brittan won the War I bought Ours New i has had 2 Motors 5 Transmissions & has had EVERY component Fail Every Switch motor Light Door Locks You Name it, it Broke. Drives great When it is not in a Shop And It IS GOOD OFF ROAD but Not a good Value Car and expensive to fix

1995 was a bad year for the Rover
By jc5366 on 11/03/06 14:05 PM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

Beware of 2 major problems with the 95 Rover: engine leaks and electrical malfunctions/failures. The keyless entry also leaves something to be desired. The performance is comparable to other SUVs in its class and I have found in most 95s the air- suspension has already been converted to the traditional coil (with no problem) due to problems early on. Overall, it is a beautiful vehicle inside and out, but with age come problems; this is a very high maintenance vehicle. I am very attached to my Rover, but it comes with its share of problems.

245,000 miles and still strong
By C W Wes Maddox on 10/11/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I use my Range Rover to tow large Swiss Army trucks. It is a work truck with lots of luxury appointments. Airbags are great riding feature.

King of the SUV by Far
By Adrian Lee on 01/25/05 15:50 PM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this vehicle not long ago with 67k miles on it. The built quality is superb. Performance is good, comfort is amazing, especially rear seat on LWB. Styling is unique and solid looking. EAS is convenient feature for in and out. Routine maintenance will keep this rolling for 200-300k miles, no problem!

200,000 and still going strong
By roverguy on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have my Rover now for 5 years and have a total of 200,000 original miles on the odometer. Everything is still original, tight and strong. Same engine, intact transmission, differentials. Start and go. The interior still looks and smells new. Typical early problems were air suspension and driver window mechanism. Other thans that, great vehicle! I upgraded to new 19 in wheels, wood steering and 2002 lights. Better than my Mercedes and BMW. Stately, subtle and classy without being boastful.

1995 Range Rover LWB - Best All-around
By Gary J. on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased a used '95 Range Rover LWB 10 months ago with 95k miles. Body/interior were in good condition and mechanically it was very good. I've had no mechanical problems (yet). I try to use it only for camping/off- roading and ski trips. It's been difficult to limit driving time to just those trips as the car is comfortably spacious and reassuring to drive. The car really does deliver that "magic carpet ride" when driving off-road. The sound system is excellent. The breaking is superb. I drove it to Tahoe and back in a snow storm and while others were tossed about by the winds, we rode comfortably through. Love the heated windshield.

Looking For a New One!
By Billy D. on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County Classic 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased new, this vehicle has been enjoyable to drive but at a price! Those shy to maintenance should avoid this SUV. My extended warrany more than paid for itself. I would hightly recommend one for any hight end SUV. Rust on the bonnet and tailgate need to be checked regularly as well as front brakes. Fluid leaks were a problem early on but were successfully fixed 5 yrs ago. Rear seat room is tight and rear door handles are tricky to reach. I wish I got the LWB instead but this is great truck none the less. I'm looking for a 2003 Range Rover now!