Used 1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Family Favorite Since 1995
By tjnc21

1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

This car is an amazing vehicle. My mother bought it new in 1995 a few months before I was born. We've been through a few cars since then, and this is the only one that has stayed. Sure, it has some faults (i.e. the air suspension gave out, the alternator died a few times, the headliner sags), but we love it nonetheless. No other car has compared to it (except for maybe the all-new 2013 model). My mother got a new car a few months ago, and boy was I glad. I am 17 and could not be more happy to have this as my first car. The coil suspension IS bouncy and its slow to accelerate, but this car has kept me safe since I was a baby, and it continues to do so today. 55k miles and still going strong!

Range Rover is Land Lemon
By snowmotion

1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

These cars make me wonder how brittan won the War I bought Ours New i has had 2 Motors 5 Transmissions & has had EVERY component Fail Every Switch motor Light Door Locks You Name it, it Broke. Drives great When it is not in a Shop And It IS GOOD OFF ROAD but Not a good Value Car and expensive to fix

The harmon Kardon Stereo Is the Only Great Thing That I can say about this Car It Sounds GREAT visibility of the Car is Excellent when Driving seats are comfortable

Needs A more Reliable Motor Transmission & Every other Component than the stereo. be Prepared for Constant repairs to the Drive train Transmission Particularly Unreliable I Replaced Or repaired over 5 times So far All Major

King of the SUV by Far
By Adrian Lee

1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this vehicle not long ago with 67k miles on it. The built quality is superb. Performance is good, comfort is amazing, especially rear seat on LWB. Styling is unique and solid looking. EAS is convenient feature for in and out. Routine maintenance will keep this rolling for 200-300k miles, no problem!

Unique Styling, EAS, comfort.

Gas mileage, Rust on tailgate.

1995 Range Rover LWB - Best All-around
By Gary J.

1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased a used '95 Range Rover LWB 10 months ago with 95k miles. Body/interior were in good condition and mechanically it was very good. I've had no mechanical problems (yet). I try to use it only for camping/off- roading and ski trips. It's been difficult to limit driving time to just those trips as the car is comfortably spacious and reassuring to drive. The car really does deliver that "magic carpet ride" when driving off-road. The sound system is excellent. The breaking is superb. I drove it to Tahoe and back in a snow storm and while others were tossed about by the winds, we rode comfortably through. Love the heated windshield.

Love the funky body style (one of the few SUVs with style). Extra leg room for rear passengers, ability to raise/lower the vehicle, superb road holding capabilities, great visibility, sound system, dual climate controls. Great towing capacity. AWESOME off- road abilities.

Better gas mileage; more power/fuel efficient engine. More cargo room (remove the spare tire from the back)

The best SUV out there
By drewjones

1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned my Range Rover for only a few months now, and I bought mine used, obviously. I have had no problems, nor hints of any problems. It drives better than any SUV I have ever been in, handles like a sports car. I shouldn't even have to get in to it's off-road capabilities which, by the way, are amazing. I was told, being a recent college graduate I shouldn't buy one, because of their maintenance record, and expense to maintain. I'm am certainly glad I didn't listen. The 1995 Range Rover County LWB is my favorite of all the Land Rovers ever made, and I couldn't be happier with mine.

The on-road performance, the off-road capabilities. The comfort and ride. The ammenities of a luxury car in an off-road masterpiece. Believe it or not, the drivetrain reliability. I mean hey, it is a Buick engine.

The electrical reliability, though I have had no problems with mine, as of yet.