1995 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
1995 was a bad year for the Rover
By jc5366 on 11/03/06 14:05 PM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

Beware of 2 major problems with the 95 Rover: engine leaks and electrical malfunctions/failures. The keyless entry also leaves something to be desired. The performance is comparable to other SUVs in its class and I have found in most 95s the air- suspension has already been converted to the traditional coil (with no problem) due to problems early on. Overall, it is a beautiful vehicle inside and out, but with age come problems; this is a very high maintenance vehicle. I am very attached to my Rover, but it comes with its share of problems.

245,000 miles and still strong
By C W Wes Maddox on 10/11/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I use my Range Rover to tow large Swiss Army trucks. It is a work truck with lots of luxury appointments. Airbags are great riding feature.

200,000 and still going strong
By roverguy on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have my Rover now for 5 years and have a total of 200,000 original miles on the odometer. Everything is still original, tight and strong. Same engine, intact transmission, differentials. Start and go. The interior still looks and smells new. Typical early problems were air suspension and driver window mechanism. Other thans that, great vehicle! I upgraded to new 19 in wheels, wood steering and 2002 lights. Better than my Mercedes and BMW. Stately, subtle and classy without being boastful.

Range Rover 4.0 SE
By Jean on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle used. The dealer misrepresented the vehicle. It arrived with damaged air suspension bags, inoperative electrical motors to windows and other obvious damage. After spending $5000.00 in repairs to bring the range rover up to state requirements, it runs and drives beautifully. The most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Starts right up, and moves when you want it to move. The gas milage isn't that great, but it's handling in snow and ice as well as highway comfort makes it's worthwhile.