1994 Land Rover Range Rover 4.2L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - ExpensiveRepairs

1994 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

ExpensiveRepairs
By BirdMan on

1994 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I picked up the truck for a song. Incredible for off road use. I use it for deer and pheasant hunting in upstate New York and New Jersey. I have never ever gotten stuck. The bad newz I have had to pay big bucks (not the male deer variety) for those bragging rights. The dealerships charge ridiculous prices for their factory original parts and they bill like 100 dollars an hour for service. Atlantic British limited or Rovers North sell factory and after market parts that are somewhat cheaper but equal in quality. There are also your usual English Auto electrical headaches. One has to know what they are getting themselves into when they pick one of these vehicles up.

Suggested Improvements

Replace lift gate, air shocks w/ coil springs and shocks. I went with Old Man Emu Springs and Bilstein shocks. The muff system from the Cat converter back Borla makes a great cat back. The calipers rotors and pads are another must replace item. Good luck.