Used 1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Best Car I Could Have Hoped For
By leofunk

1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I'm 17 and when my parents asked me what I wanted for my first car, I said a Range Rover. With a confused look in their face, I assured them that price would be in our budget. I found my Rover a few miles away for a great price. Ever since I drove it home, I've had nothing more than pure joy driving it. I've driven it nearly 2000 miles in the past few months and it has been reliable and performed better than I had ever expected. Even on longer distant trips, I haven't got so much as a hiccup from the 4.2 L V8. The gas isn't as bad as one would think (up to 20mpg on the highway)/ This is a car that I would recommend to anyone.

Legroom, stock pioneer stereo system, V8 grumble, towing ability, heated leather seats, great looks, and sometimes that little bit of snob appeal that comes from the minute green oval on the grill

Nothing that I can think of

Classic
By Matt

1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

Yes this thing is a quirky ride, but its been pretty solid. Yes, Ive replaced the hoses and the radiator (painful $1K for hard to find radiator) but it wasnt nearly as bad as my 2000 Range Rover. Ive had 2 Disco 2's and this is on par with them. I personally prefer the Classic style due to the minimal amt of electronics (yeah even the ones it has flake out- like the radio). But who cares- This thing is fun to drive, and has a solid feel on road & off road. If you are short on change, or likely to get stressed when things don't go your way then don't get this or any LR product. If you want something fun to drive periodically while enjoying your life, then this is for you. Soccer moms stay away

Beautiful, timeless style.

Sure but who cares. If you want a fluffy one, get the new one. If you want a tough one, get this one.

tough to pass up at today's prices
By montoya_lwb

1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

Cars like this actually make you appreciate how cars depreciate. Old Rovers are cheap because repairs are not. The last owner provided the service records and it included many $500 to $1000+ repairs. I paid $2000 in repairs the first month of ownership. However, it's always fun to drive. Things like the horn on the end of the left column lever and clumsy clam shell engine hood remind you that it's not a Honda Accord. Gas mileage is miserable for most cars in the city. You can park creatively. Door dings add to the rugged look. I've had no other unexpected costs in over a year. Avoid any ones with no service history and look out for rust.

25 year old exterior design. I love the surprising urban utility. Age and wear does not diminish snob appeal when needed.

I read this book, Range Rover, the first generation by Taylor and Dimbleby. Land Rover took an eternity to make improvements suggested by their customers when it was in production. It seems futile to raise any now and may actually take away some of the classic Rover's appeal.

The best rover I ever knew!
By Boudewijn

1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

Bought used with 30000 miles on it and have used as primary vehicle ever since. This one of 5 Rovers in the family and everyone loves them. Only selling because of job...vehicle is too big for many palces I visit so have had to downsize.

Power and versatility

Only complaint I have ever had on ths vehicle was pacement of seat controls next to inside console, too easy to be hit.

Tough 4x4
By Rover man

1994 Land Rover Range Rover SUV County LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this Rover for Pheasant hunting in norhern NH.I can get 4 guys, two labs, and lots of gear in this truck. It's ride is smooth on and off road. I have the warn winch bumber, so nothing stops us. It has been reliable and fun! I have had 2 of these and I will try to find another pre- 1995 when it's time.

Ride is high and soft for a 4x4. Never gets stuck a real truck off road

Tail gate glass lid. some of the steel rusts to soon. spings instead of the air suspension