Used 1993 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Land-rover Range-rover - Consumer Reviews

1993 Land Rover Range Rover

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Get to know your mechanic
By vincent

1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned my 93 RR LWB County for 4 years now. I have replaced the air suspension with Oldman Emu coils. Lots of little electrical problems and constant maintenance of rust especially anywhere steel meets aluminum. Parts are expensive, since it is British and some of the electrical components, computers etc are complicated and require a Rover technician with a computer, but if you put it into perspective, there is no better purpose built vehicle that can compete with the Rover. I have even pulled an H2 out of a snow bank with the Rover, much to the dismay of the Humvee owner. If you are lucky enough to find one, buy it, they are getting rare. A real modern classic.

Favorite Features

Very smooth ride even on the roughest roads. Fantastic traction, best 4 wheel drive I have ever owned and I have owned many. The sound system is superb, but don't lose your code. The visibility is amazing. Lots of leg room in the back. All aluminum body and classic styling a real head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Not a single thing, it's perfect the way it is.

The Best SUV I have Ever Owned
By Bradley

1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB 4dr SUV AWD

I love this car so much, it will cruise down the freeeway happily at 80mph for days. And then you can follow some of your Jeep friends out into the woods, and have to pull some of them out, been there, done that :]. The visibility is amazing, and you can't beat saying, "Ok, I'll be there in a little bit, I'm in a Blue Range Rover". I love this car. If you ever have the opportunity to own one of these cars, take it.

Favorite Features

The stereo, the seats, visibility, not seeing one everyday, the huge backseat, the experince of owning a Land Rover.

Suggested Improvements

A tilt steering wheel would be nice, and the power seat adjustments in a different spot, and make some of the controls a little easier to use like the heat/ac.

Luxury Plus Fun
By markaustx

1993 Land Rover Range Rover County 4dr SUV AWD

Both this for off roading, but this thing is so much fun to drive I find myself hopping in it to go to places more often than in my newer cars. Quiet luxury, but can go anywhere!

Favorite Features

Real wood trim. High quality leather. Terrific sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve on a classic! Except maybe for gas mileage. LOL

Green Rover, Green Rover...
By dakine

1993 Land Rover Range Rover County 4dr SUV AWD

So far, this vehicle has been nothing but a joy to drive. However, with gas prices as high as they are, that's where the fallback lies. Handling is smooth on highway as it is in city driving. Rough and tumble on the hills- -but fun!

Favorite Features

Luxurious comfort and driveability.

Suggested Improvements

Dash lighting and placement of switches no too easily accessed.

Different
By kevorkjan

1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB 4dr SUV AWD

That is the best way to describe something that is so much fun to drive, yet incredibly capable off road. I enjoy working my Rover every chance I get and it has never let me down. Excellent vehicle for trailblazing or going to the ballet.

Favorite Features

true AWD, distinctive look, sound system, seating position is perfect for long distance driving

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is lacking; dash layout could use updating