Used 1990 Land Rover Range Rover Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

The best 4x4xfar
By redrover

1990 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Its an eye turner go anywhere truck. I can park a mile away from civilization at target and when I come back a town has formed. Sure the tank is a bit old so she has her share of problems but when it runs, it runs better than any other vehicle out there. The toughest part is the constant urge to make that left turn into some park just to go off-roading. My friends call mine "A screaming metal death-trap" but they usually see it when the lucas electrics call uncle. Drop 60$, do the work yourself, and the truck is back in an hour. BTW a radiator cost 500$ brand-new and its an hour job to put it in yourself. BEST 4X4XFAR!

Favorite Features

The ability to smack parts with a big hammer to get them working again. I love the ability for field repairs where if you break something, you take it off, bend it back to shape, and put it on backwards, upside-down or anything of the sorts and its working to finish the trail and get you home!

Suggested Improvements

raise it a couple of inches, get a front and rear winch, brownchurch roofrack and tent system, a lot of 8inch off-road lights, upgrade the radio, throw a set of lockers on the axles, etc. Just don't buy the 2009, 2010 models because their made in INDIA!

Nothing looks like it, never will again.
By Craig Ross

1990 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I loved this thing. Period. I sold it on my wife's order to get her a "Real" car. I should have gotten a better wife. That thing was not only a headturner but a wheel turner! I would drive right off the higway into mud, snow, rocks, what have you.. I have never been in a truck that handled like a 911!! Yes, it had problems, but it was worth it!

Favorite Features

The outside style! Amazing visability. More traction than a abrams tank! The Best 4x4xfar!

Suggested Improvements

Too late now, but bring back the classic style! Better electrical system. DON'T pressure wash the motor!! PLEASE use less relays.