2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Diesel Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Loving my 2016 Range Rover Sport Td6 (Diesel)
By Flaviu Budean

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Diesel HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

What a ride... Ordered my 2016 and was delivered in October. I totally love the truck. The efficiency of diesel engine is amazing. I get 26-27 mpg combined. This kind of milage per gallon is the reason why most SUV should be diesel. I do not even use the smart on/off technology because I believe that diesel engines should have a minimum of ON/OFF for engine. Truly for a person to be fully satisfied with this RRS, they have to get all upgrades possible. Audio is garbage for the money you pay if you do not upgrade to the Meridian system. But this is a small sacrifice that is made up by the way it drives even if you are like me, bough the car without upgrading to Meridian System.
Overall I could not picked a better SUV. Very happy with it and my friends and family love it too, so now there will be other RRS purchases in family :)

My Cell Plays Better Audio
By Tee

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Diesel SE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!! This is my very first Range Rover. I decided to give it a shot since I was tired of the QX80's size.
I ordered my 2016 Range Rover Sports SE and did not upgrade the audio system because I did not think the standard radio will be that bad. I am not an audiophile and I listen mainly to the Enya station on Pandora, classical's and Jazz. My vehicle was delivered to me last week. What a shock!!! My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge produces a better bass sound quality that the piece of worthless stuff they put in the vehicle and called speakers. The enjoyability of a ride is always complimented by the ride's audio system. This is such a disappointment!!! All the false buzz about the meridian speakers sound on the range rover is plain total baloney. I am so disappointed and I am now thinking of selling the car.
Also, the entire incontrol app is total nonsense. There is no usable app amongst the 6 or 7 apps thereon.
The horrible audio and incontrol app system aside, the car drives well. Its a Range Rover!