2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Land-rover Range-rover-sport - Consumer Reviews

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Unbeatable at almost any price
By expatbrit

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover Sport is not cheap; with the V8 engine and top-end Meridian audio, mine was all but $100k on the road. But you get what you pay for - stunning performance, great handling, the best driving position of any car I've owned, and a luxurious ride that can go anywhere ... and I'm getting 18 mpg in stop-start motoring.

Favorite Features

Striking looks, sweet engine and transmission, Meridian surround sound, high-quality leather everywhere, panoramic sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Infotainment interface could be better

After the initial love affair is over she'll bleed you to death
By joe493

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD w/Prod. End 12/31 (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover sport is in my view an over priced V6 powered ego trip. The poorly designed interior layout coupled with the least intuitive gps and entertainment system out there should give anyone pause. And why does the gps system point upward into to the sun? The small screen is hard enough to deal with, let alone the excessive sun light! Additionally you'll find that although Land Rover claims there SUV as being the best off road vehicles in the world, it's interesting why there tires only offer about 3/16 to 1/4" clearance for the rim. The best drivers will still curb the rims. When it's time for breaks, 30k miles. Expect to pay 1000 dollars per axle. Oh, oil and tire rotate, 300

Favorite Features

Great ride, attractive car, stokes my ego.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign all of the technology. Nothing in the Range Rover is intuitive.,,ie, when programing the gps for a trip across state lines, you actually have to change states in the search menu. Why does the gps point up into the sun, it's difficult to see when it's sunny. Traffic on the gps is depicted by arrows that are hard to understand. Outter edge of tires do not protect the rims, even the most careful of drivers will ruin the rims. I took my sport in for oil and tire rotation, 300 bucks. I was told I need breaks (27k miles) how much? 1000 per axle. 2k total!!! I asked why, because RR engineers there Rogers too thin. They can't be reused after turning. They must be replaced!

Briefly
By rovernewbie

Quite and amazing vehicle. Literally 5/5 in all categories with the exception of the infotainment system. This is about 5 years behind leading competitors like Audi. Fortunately I predominantly use my iPhone for music/GPS so it's not a huge problem for me. The 510 hp is absolutely insane. I highly recommend this to anyone who can afford this.

Favorite Features

Supercharged V8

Suggested Improvements

Infotainment

Great Leap Forward...
By senator1971

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD w/Prod. End 12/31 (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I collected the car in a blizzard 2 weeks ago. Since then, I've only done a couple of hundred miles including a 100 mile round trip yesterday. Car is light years ahead of the previous model. I was a little skeptical of buying the V6 due to the power drop over the normally aspirated V8 of the previous RRS, but the car feels much stronger than the figures portray and I don't regret not getting the V8. Design and finish are way ahead of last gen, as is the ride quality on standard 20" wheels. Capability in the snow and ice has been excellent as well. Interior space, particularly in the back, is way up on the previous model.

Favorite Features

Design, ride comfort, performance and gadgets. Tank range seems pretty good for a heavy powerful SUV, but too early to really tell yet.

Suggested Improvements

Standard audio system is pretty poor. I didn't order the car, just picked up a cancelled order so I couldn't specify that. My car has a bi-color interior, I would have chosen all black.