Used 2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Problems from the start
By rangerage

2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Wheel alignment, computer problem i went back to service three times in a month. The gas tank keeps showing no gas when there is full tank. The service is horrible at the dealership. Looking to pull out of the contract

A waste of your money!!!
By jen_rei

2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 RRS HSE by the mid December last year and I only have 5K+ miles as I'm writing this review but I already experienced a lot of trouble with it! First, the rubber seal that's on top of the wind shield came off and flapped against the wind when I was driving and it scratched the roof. for a 60K car this is the least kind of problem one would expect! Maybe on the 2K mile odometer reading the car flashed a parking brake fault when I was driving it on the freeway that prompted me to find the nearest spot to stop. The Encino dealer said that they will just update the electronic programming of the vehicle, and it happened again twice as of today after several months! dont buy this!!

Favorite Features

The exterior appeal!

Suggested Improvements

Reliability of the car's electronic and electrical components! Not sure about the mechanical components yet.

This car meets all of my high expectations...so far!
By polarbearmike

2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

1. I love driving this car. I am 6'2" and weight 230lbs. I am uncomfortable in 95%+ of all cars I sit in. Some of you will understand this. 2. The new standard 375hp V-8 is super smooth and faster from 0-60 than all 17 cars I have owned minus a 911 and a Mini Cooper S. The sport mode is really not necessary, but if you want to beat 29 of 30 cars off the line, sport mode is available to you. 3. The nav is noy super hig tech, but it works well and the is easy to use once you unlearn your old nav system. 4. The interior of this SUV is of a very high quality. It is my favorite. Even better than a MB E320 I once thought could not be improved upon. 5. I feel very safe in this car. 6. No regrets.

Favorite Features

1. Very Comfortable Seats 2. Smooth revving V-8 power when you want it. 3. Well thought out features with controls where I would have placed them if they asked me. 4. The feeling I have every time I push the start button and hear it come to life. Best sounding engine after a 911. 5. Heated windshield and seats 6. Very heavy doors that make a wonderful sound when you close them and could save my life one day. 7. No need to insert a key anywear 8. Xenon/LED lights are super! 9. Rain sensor wipers 10. My hot wife in the seat next to me!

Suggested Improvements

1. Well, I an getting 15-16 mpg overall. I would be happier with 18-20, but all things are not possible. 2. No other "complaints".

Knee Problems but overall great car
By flipper8

2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Leased my RRS 2 weeks ago, and have found that the combination of the driving position/ accelerator pedal position and accelerator pedal stiffness is causing a lot of knee pressure and discomfort. Feel like I am developing knee tendinitis. This is the only drawback about the car (but a major drawback) as I enjoy the look and ride of the vehicle a lot.

Favorite Features

Very handsome car, and great stereo sound.

Suggested Improvements

Better accelerator and brake positioning

So far, so good !
By Eric

2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have never owned a Range Rover or SUV, but I traded in my 2006 BMW 330I for a new 2011 Range Rover Sport. So far, so good. I did a lot of research online and I know Range Rover's have had some issues in the past, but I decided to give it a try. I am pleasantly surprised so far, however, I have only owned it for one month. I like the ride and overall feeling, plus the 375 hp gives it some pep when you hit the gas, which has been reassuring. I like the overall look and my kids seem to enjoy climbing in and out of it. I will update my comments after a few more months of ownership.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, when you hit the gas it really goes ! Just like my BMW and Porsche Cayman S did in the past. I really enjoy the GPS Navigation system and my kids love watching the screen.

Suggested Improvements

Put the 20" rims and tires as a standard feature on the Range Rover Sport model. 19" just doesn't look as nice !