Beautiful to drive, frustrating to own.
By FirstLR on
2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
Iíve had the 2010 RRS HSE with LUX package for two weeks now. I love how the car handles; spent the first few nights taking the coast road home [Stop reading here if you only want favorable words]. The electronic/software issues on the other hand, are now making me think this is the Microsoft Vista of automobiles; nothing quite operates the same two times in row. Manufacture date is 09/09. This is my first LR vehicle, having spent the last 10 years as a Lexus owner with nary a cold, so maybe my expectations are too high. I'd like to loan LR the top notch Test & QA team from my company for a few months. Taking the car into the dealer for 7 issues (all but one are electronic/software related).
Favorite Features
Ride is appropriately rigid for a "sport" SUV. 19" tires are a good balance of handling and ride. Car is absolutely gorgeous and a complete pleasure to drive. New 2010 interior is finally worthy of the price tag. Vast improvement in ergonomics.
Suggested Improvements
Gremlins; LR really needs to fire their entire systems integration team and start anew (design, dev, & test). The concept of total quality must not have ever caught on at LR. Most all electronic issues are intermittent. Nav system freezes, bluetooth unreliable, seat memory "forgets"; list goes on..