Used 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Love the car - Hate the constant service needs
By bucky5412

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've put 37,000 km on my 2010 Range Rover Sport mostly driving 6 hours to my cottage in Quebec. Fantastic driving experience as it is heavy and a very comfortable ride - and attractive. The Harman Kardon sound system is the best I've heard in a vehicle. It is very difficult to criticize the driving experience. The drawback is the numerous service aggravations which have motivated me to sell it prematurely. For a vehicle of this quality with 50,000 km, it has been in the shop far too many times.

Favorite Features

Great traction in snow as our driveway is very steep and often snow covered. Passenger compartment is well insulated and sealed - so it is very quiet. Climate controls and defrost elements make it very comfortable very quickly in cold. Love the keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

We seem to have an ongoing issue with noise in the front right wheel. They changed a bearing but the noise continues. They suggested it was the tire, but changing the tire made no difference. Tire pressure sensors and engine light sensors seem to come on too often - without good reason. Large wheels / rims are prone to damage from curbs - very ugly. GPS is challenging with too many icons when in city and cannot be programed unless parked - even with voice. The trunk release often freezes in cold.

not tired of it yet
By laserdoc86

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned by RRS for 2 years now, and I still love driving this car. I love the driving position, acceleration and looks of the car. It is one of those cars that stands out from the rest. Over all the experience has been positive. The car has been reliable, except for the earlier problems with the camera system, which I really think you only need the rear camera. The brakes do wear early, got mine replaced at 21,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Love the seating position, the interior finish, the ride and acceleration, the stereo, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Power lift gate, a wear indicator sensor in all four brakes. Land rover decided to place one in the front axel and one in the rear. This is a major problem because if the brake that does not have the sensor wears out first, then you find yourself replacing the rotors.

Surprisingly Happy!!
By Anonymous

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I waited a year before this review b/c I too wanted to give a fair evaluation. My RRS HSE is white with a coffee or chocolate interior. I love this truck. First, if you were doubtful and have had a few probs, then why did you buy it? EVERY new vehicle with all the electronics will have degrees of problems. I had a few issues like some on here, but new it was the computer b/c it would be fine after it had been restarted (the truck), then LR had a computer upgrade and poof! No more problems at all. 12000 plus miles and riding great!! It's also the first time my husband asks to take my truck!! Service has been wonderful and glad I purchased my RRS.

Favorite Features

Ride is very nice smooth shifting, interior is very comfortable and the stereo is incredible

Suggested Improvements

No cooler, more interior storage and the power tailgate would be nice

Great SUV.
By Doug

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have owned in years. I was impressed from the time I test drove the vehicle. Other than a minor electrical issue the vehicle has been outstanding. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

Nav, styling both internally and eternally.

Suggested Improvements

Automated hatch closer would be a great addition.

I love this vehicle!
By M. Gilmore

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Even though I owned an LR3 with no reliability probs I was a touch nervous having read other reviews about the RR Sport. Sitting in the tow truck on my way back to the dealer after one week I was not too happy! Turned out a faulty cell in battery was why my car was dead. Changed it and since then a dream come true. I got black on black with the contrast stitching (a must) looks beautiful. Drives like a dream, such a comfortable seating position and great power I never want to get out of it. If you are thinking of this vehicle just get it, you deserve it. I have had only fun driving since the battery debacle of first week and highly recommend this car. Looks great inside and out,I love it!

Favorite Features

Seating comfort and position, Ipod docking and phone remote. Engine sound and power. Keyless entry. Sound system. Contrast stitching. Exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation is clumsy and not intuitive. I wish Landrover would just install TomTom's. I could probably have soaked up most of the BP oil spill with the gas usage!! Though having owned an LR3 I knew what to expect.