2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Love the car - Hate the constant service needs
By bucky5412 on 11/28/13 08:06 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've put 37,000 km on my 2010 Range Rover Sport mostly driving 6 hours to my cottage in Quebec. Fantastic driving experience as it is heavy and a very comfortable ride - and attractive. The Harman Kardon sound system is the best I've heard in a vehicle. It is very difficult to criticize the driving experience. The drawback is the numerous service aggravations which have motivated me to sell it prematurely. For a vehicle of this quality with 50,000 km, it has been in the shop far too many times.

not tired of it yet
By laserdoc86 on 03/05/12 16:58 PM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned by RRS for 2 years now, and I still love driving this car. I love the driving position, acceleration and looks of the car. It is one of those cars that stands out from the rest. Over all the experience has been positive. The car has been reliable, except for the earlier problems with the camera system, which I really think you only need the rear camera. The brakes do wear early, got mine replaced at 21,000 miles.

Surprisingly Happy!!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I waited a year before this review b/c I too wanted to give a fair evaluation. My RRS HSE is white with a coffee or chocolate interior. I love this truck. First, if you were doubtful and have had a few probs, then why did you buy it? EVERY new vehicle with all the electronics will have degrees of problems. I had a few issues like some on here, but new it was the computer b/c it would be fine after it had been restarted (the truck), then LR had a computer upgrade and poof! No more problems at all. 12000 plus miles and riding great!! It's also the first time my husband asks to take my truck!! Service has been wonderful and glad I purchased my RRS.

Great SUV.
By Doug on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have owned in years. I was impressed from the time I test drove the vehicle. Other than a minor electrical issue the vehicle has been outstanding. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

I love this vehicle!
By M. Gilmore on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Even though I owned an LR3 with no reliability probs I was a touch nervous having read other reviews about the RR Sport. Sitting in the tow truck on my way back to the dealer after one week I was not too happy! Turned out a faulty cell in battery was why my car was dead. Changed it and since then a dream come true. I got black on black with the contrast stitching (a must) looks beautiful. Drives like a dream, such a comfortable seating position and great power I never want to get out of it. If you are thinking of this vehicle just get it, you deserve it. I have had only fun driving since the battery debacle of first week and highly recommend this car. Looks great inside and out,I love it!

best and worst of rr sport
By mac on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

ride is ok,def some electronic issues,250 miles cd never worked..reprogrammed,upgraded perforated leather is not up to the standard.showing some scratch marks onseats,exetrior paint is average, twice driver info shows gas tank empty,while in fact gas tank is full,numerous times radio doesnt sound even the power is on,ride is smooth, sitting position is excellent,for a 80k suv no power rear trunk opener? numerous times got my hand twisted while closing the rear hatch,i also own a 2010 bmw X6M,cost around 90k,but 10k make such a big difference or something tells me that germans are better auto makers than british,land rover needs to fix lotsa quality issues here,other than its fairly a cute suv..

I love the RRS supercharged
By joeygrouper on 08/05/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

I just picked mine up in July, I love the interior but agree the refrigerator needs to go. The supercharged engine is an awesome experience to drive. I haven't experienced anything falty with the car yet, but I do have a defect in the wood grain that runs along the left of the center console. Its very noticeable and the dealer agreed to replace that part. My range is metallic black with black upgraded leather package seats and ebony stitching (piano black wood). I sueded my head liner with high quality suede. I would recommend to anyone wih this car to suede the headliner, it makes all the difference in regards to the interior ambiance. Style 7 20'' wheels, all in all great ride.

Puzzled?
By Puzzled on 06/23/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

2 weeks of having the car, the driver seat no longer moves forward- backwards. My wife couldn't drive it since the seat was stuck farther back that her foot is unable to reach the pedals. Funny! Took it to the dealer and was told they had to order a new motor. Came the new motor after couple of weeks and had it installed. The driver seat still didn't work. LR service then told me that it must be the programming. They were puzzled on how to resolve the issue and kept my car for 2 weeks. Talk about reliability! Now I'm second guessing if this car was truly worth it.

Made the switch and love it!
By sanswooper on 06/01/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

After 10 years and 2 Toyota Landcruisers I was looking for something a little smaller, but with all the bells and whistles. The 2010 RRS has it all! Extended leather opt gives it as good a fit and finish as any MB, Caddy, or Lexus. Ride quality is definitely sporty and European, but not at the expense of luxury, and the exhaust note is aggressive but subtle. Surround camera system is a bit hokey until you need to parallel park in a tight spot. After a year and a couple dozen test drives the 2010 RRS beat the competition. I've had it for a month and still tell people I like better the more I drive it.

It's a Beast
By Addison, TX RRS SC on 05/12/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

I custom ordered my 2010 Range Rover Sport SuperCharged so it took a couple of months to arrive.I finally picked it up last week 5/8.It is Alaska White with Ebony Interior and Ivory contrast sticthing.Just gorgeous!The 510HP engine on the SC is so responsive I named it "Charlie the Beast". BUT The first day I drove it my ipod started to play music out of the left speakers only and I got really concerned coz I've heard alot about reliability issues with Land Rover. It worked ok 3 days later so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The ride is so smooth 90mph feels like 50mph.My one complaint so far is the lack of compartment space.Do away with the cooler! Overall it is an Amazing ride!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Suv in VA is:

$160 per month*