2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Love the car - Hate the constant service needs
By bucky5412 on 11/28/13 08:06 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've put 37,000 km on my 2010 Range Rover Sport mostly driving 6 hours to my cottage in Quebec. Fantastic driving experience as it is heavy and a very comfortable ride - and attractive. The Harman Kardon sound system is the best I've heard in a vehicle. It is very difficult to criticize the driving experience. The drawback is the numerous service aggravations which have motivated me to sell it prematurely. For a vehicle of this quality with 50,000 km, it has been in the shop far too many times.

not tired of it yet
By laserdoc86 on 03/05/12 16:58 PM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned by RRS for 2 years now, and I still love driving this car. I love the driving position, acceleration and looks of the car. It is one of those cars that stands out from the rest. Over all the experience has been positive. The car has been reliable, except for the earlier problems with the camera system, which I really think you only need the rear camera. The brakes do wear early, got mine replaced at 21,000 miles.

Surprisingly Happy!!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I waited a year before this review b/c I too wanted to give a fair evaluation. My RRS HSE is white with a coffee or chocolate interior. I love this truck. First, if you were doubtful and have had a few probs, then why did you buy it? EVERY new vehicle with all the electronics will have degrees of problems. I had a few issues like some on here, but new it was the computer b/c it would be fine after it had been restarted (the truck), then LR had a computer upgrade and poof! No more problems at all. 12000 plus miles and riding great!! It's also the first time my husband asks to take my truck!! Service has been wonderful and glad I purchased my RRS.

Great SUV.
By Doug on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have owned in years. I was impressed from the time I test drove the vehicle. Other than a minor electrical issue the vehicle has been outstanding. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

I love this vehicle!
By M. Gilmore on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Even though I owned an LR3 with no reliability probs I was a touch nervous having read other reviews about the RR Sport. Sitting in the tow truck on my way back to the dealer after one week I was not too happy! Turned out a faulty cell in battery was why my car was dead. Changed it and since then a dream come true. I got black on black with the contrast stitching (a must) looks beautiful. Drives like a dream, such a comfortable seating position and great power I never want to get out of it. If you are thinking of this vehicle just get it, you deserve it. I have had only fun driving since the battery debacle of first week and highly recommend this car. Looks great inside and out,I love it!

Puzzled?
By Puzzled on 06/23/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

2 weeks of having the car, the driver seat no longer moves forward- backwards. My wife couldn't drive it since the seat was stuck farther back that her foot is unable to reach the pedals. Funny! Took it to the dealer and was told they had to order a new motor. Came the new motor after couple of weeks and had it installed. The driver seat still didn't work. LR service then told me that it must be the programming. They were puzzled on how to resolve the issue and kept my car for 2 weeks. Talk about reliability! Now I'm second guessing if this car was truly worth it.

Made the switch and love it!
By sanswooper on 06/01/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

After 10 years and 2 Toyota Landcruisers I was looking for something a little smaller, but with all the bells and whistles. The 2010 RRS has it all! Extended leather opt gives it as good a fit and finish as any MB, Caddy, or Lexus. Ride quality is definitely sporty and European, but not at the expense of luxury, and the exhaust note is aggressive but subtle. Surround camera system is a bit hokey until you need to parallel park in a tight spot. After a year and a couple dozen test drives the 2010 RRS beat the competition. I've had it for a month and still tell people I like better the more I drive it.

Fun to Drive when everything works
By NH RRS HSE on 04/21/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2010 Silver RRS HSE in Nov 2009. Upgraded leather package / 20" wheels / HD - SAT radio. Vehicle rides very nice, quiet and smooth with plenty of power. I have had a few electronic (SW) issues however. The front NAV screen / display area went black (came back on next day). Brought to dealer for inspection..but of course was working then. This past week the radio audio went out (has not happened twice) came back on the next day and today a Tire Pressure Monitoring System Failure alarm came on. Back to the dealer tomorrow. They indicated they need to reprogram the car (and both keys). I also had a "Bonnet Open" alarm. Fixed by snapping connector back. All this in 6 months.

I love mine!
By Broskay on 04/17/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Got mine in Nov 2009. Waited this long to write a review because I truly want to experience the car. It is a joy to own and drive. It turns heads everywhere I go. I have not seen a lot of it on the road yet. After taking a 500 mile trip, I did not experience any body aches or soreness. I just wanted to keep driving for the sheer joy of driving this automobile. I have not experienced any of these difficulties that some of the reviewers have described. Mine is a stornoway gray with almond interior and luxury package. The sound system is great. Actually better than the Bose I have had in my other luxury SUV. I wish they would use more wood grain on the interior and get rid of the refrigerator.

No Trust
By Gary on 04/02/10 21:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV has left my wife locked out three times. I have driven with out turn signals and the mirrors turned in parking position. No air conditioning, no Navigation no radio and has spent 20 plus days in the shop in less then 5000 miles. The windows don't always close and it may not find the "smart key for 30 minutes which means it wont start until it does but the alarm is sounding for the duration. We know any drive is our last but if we don't get killed by the police because they think we are stealing it, some bad people will kill us while we wait for the "smart key" the alerts them easy prey. My favorite was a scary guy asking my wife if she needs help in a Fort Lauderdale garage at night.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport in VA is:

$160 per month*