Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin on
2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.
Favorite Features
Terrain Response, cooler cubby box (small refrigerator in the center arm rest area), performance, and comfortable seats. The 550 watt harmon/kardon sound system is ridiculous (in a good way).
Suggested Improvements
Bring the diesel over! I don't blame Land Rover - I blame the idiots in California and their absurd emissions standards. A European Range Rover Sport gets over 30mpg and are only half a second slower than the Supercharged model from 0-60mph.