2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Incredible Automobile.....
By uly48 on 05/05/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Purchased the 2008 Limited Edition Sport and it is wonderful. Have over 12K miles already and have not had one (1) problem. It drives as well as any vehicle I have ever owned. SRT8,Audi RS6,Boxster. All were wonderful in their own right but there were really no comparisons.

Look Forward to Driving
By ss68 on 04/21/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 1st luxury SUV. We sat in a number of them at the Chicago Auto show and had made up our minds before driving it. The dealer let us use one for the weekend and it sealed the deal. Also had a auto show discount going on. So far we have put on about 2000 miles and have not had any issues. The stereo is amazing.

Just pure fun - AMAZING
By Dennis on 04/18/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

This car is so much fun to drive. I replaced my 2004 A8 4.2 with 2007 RRS- SC and this car is truly amazing. I loved my Audi & enjoyed driving it - and this SUV is just as much fun as the A8! I also have a GL 550, but the GL isn't as fun as RRS. GL does have better ride quality - since RRS-SC is a bit stiff - it trades off with RRS' sporty nature & agility. It's a true driver's car. If you are looking for a sexy, sporty, driver-fun car - go for it! but if u are looking for soft, passenger-comfort car, go for the full- size Range Rover.

Hot SUV
By Ron Panna on 04/14/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

Replaces a ML 320 with 100K+ mileage. Also own a VW Touareg V-8. Love the RRS S/C. Looks great, rides & handles like as Sports Car and performs pretty close to one also. Interior is as luxurious as they come and the Brembo brakes speak for themselves. Just a really great ride. Wife is primary driver and an aggressive driver, she is as impressed as I am with this vehicle. Would recommend it if you are willing to trump up to to this price tag for an SUV.

RRS replaced my X5 4.4i
By upstate NY on 02/14/08 17:13 PM (PST)

Test drove number of the high end SUVs including the new X5. All to replace my 04 X5 4.4i with all the toys. Selected RRS S/C in Black/Ivory. Very impressed with it - don't miss the X5. Drove it recently in heavy snow - it was better than my X5 was. Its also firm and fast on the open road. Its not cheap on gas - but then there are other brands that cost alot less that have worse gas mileage. Doing about 5mpg less than the X5 was overall. Did'nt find it slow to heat up, nor difficult to aviod the heated elements in windshield. Controls are all easily reached. Great SUV - don't hesitate any longer!

My new love
By jennifer on 01/31/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drove it in snow & rain and it handled great! Drove a BMW M3, so you can imagine the power, control & handling I need. RRS drives like a dream, it's a luxury SUV that actually handles all the elements and gives you the power & control all at the same time. I miss my M3 but after driving the RRS, I've found a new love. Also use to drive a Land Cruiser & compared to the RRS, the LC drives heavy & is hard to steer. It truly amazes me how easy the RRS steering is, it's effortless. it doesn't feel heavy or huge. 1 thing that used to bug me were the lines in the windshield (for defrosting), but you get use to it. Also, it's common knowledge not to buy an V8 SUV if you care about gas mileage!

Very nice SUV
By chris on 12/27/07 14:02 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

There are only 2 brands of SUV's in the world, in America there Jeeps and in the rest of the world there are Land Rovers. Sophistication meets true 4x4 ability, the one aspect all other SUV's lack. Truly refined luxury, solid, and fun to drive. This machine makes you feel good driving it. Thank God Ford made a better engine, my disco was weak in the power area and this machine is a powerhouse. It's not as interactive as a BMW, where all the electronics almost know what you want and everything works together, but it is a wonderful machine in it's own rights. Yes, even a 2008 Tahoe has more "stuff", a X5 is more electronically advance, and some have more room, but this is an amazing SUV!

Don't waste your money !
By Karen on 12/19/07 20:26 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 2008 Range Rover Sport is the biggest mistake I ever purchased.I had a BMW X5 4.4 before this and a Mercedes ML 450 and both were better than this horrible truck.If you wear glasses forget the heated front wind shield, the lines create a glare that will give you a headache. The horn is another nightmare , good luck finding it when you really need it.The design of the interior is idiotic as well.Where is the button for the rear hatch? Opening the rear hatch is a challenge in itself. There is nothing nice to say about this truck and the next 30 months of this lease are going to be painful !!!

Very Impressed
By Pete on 12/16/07 17:37 PM (PST)

Have owned two weeks now and so far very happy with this vehicle. Performs very well on dry, wet and snow covered roads from acceleration to handling and braking. Tried all the competitors and for the best choice for performance plus off road capabilities this vehicle won the contest. I did not buy this for fuel economy (who buys a supercharged car for good gas mileage) so I am not put off by the 14 mpg I am getting.

Great looking car
By iii on 11/07/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Land Rover. The RRS is my wifes car & so far (700mi) has been a great car to drive. looks great, goes well & drives great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.