Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Said Goodbye
By Peter

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

Engine performance, comfort, styling

Reliability, reliability and reliability in that order.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Reliability problems seem to continue to haunt Land Rover. I gave it a fair chance and it has left me cold. Disappointed to say the least

Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.

Terrain Response, cooler cubby box (small refrigerator in the center arm rest area), performance, and comfortable seats. The 550 watt harmon/kardon sound system is ridiculous (in a good way).

Bring the diesel over! I don't blame Land Rover - I blame the idiots in California and their absurd emissions standards. A European Range Rover Sport gets over 30mpg and are only half a second slower than the Supercharged model from 0-60mph.

Good start but failing
By Peter

This is an update to my review of May last year. Although the first 11 months of my ownership experience was great the last few months have been not so good. Thing are starting to go wrong quickly. I have seen these with others on this site...suspension clunking in the shop twice before they could figure it out, check engine light on and off several times in the shop firt time for PCV valve then again for a new catalytic converter. Nav and radio periodically do not come on then out of nowhere fire up. Bought the extended warranty to 75k and am happy I did. If more goes wrong over the next 6 months i will certainly turn in and pay for the mile overage rather than buy a headache

comfort, performance, handling, solid build

reclining rear seats, rear hatch, engineering review

I dont recommend any Land Rover
By AnaJara

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 RRS with 3000 miles. It has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has tried to fix 4 times. They did not take it back the 5th time saying Land Rover said it was normal to have some water enter the suv. I spoke with Land Rover and they looked into it but have now closed my case saying "normal". This is not normal by any standards. Land Rover needs to build a better car! I only bought it because I loved the look of it. I am filing for help under the TX Lemon Law in hopes that they buy back the car so I can get into another car, not a land rover!!