2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Coolest luxury SUV around
By naes91 on 12/25/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

When first looking at thr RRS I was just in utter amazement. They are a sleek and sexy machine. I have had mine since October 2008 and have no complaints what so ever. It drives like a dream, yes a little heavy but I feel it is needed. It's as nimble as my wife's Volvo S40 t5. In the snow it has proven better than my F-150 or past Jeep Cherokee. Sitting in the driver's seat is like sitting in a fighter jet. Comfortable and everything is within reach and convenient.

Way Better Than Expected
By Zev on 11/21/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Have only had it for a week so not much to go on yet, but my first impressions are: one of the best drives out there - seating position is very good and i am an XL size. I had driven the full size Range and the Sport - loved the inside on the full size but this drives so much better - it really drives like a world class sports car.

Awesome SUV!
By alberto martinez on 11/11/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's been a fun experience driving the car. You will also get a lot of compliments -it looks great. The brakes are very good and it handles really well on curves for an SUV.

Coolest SUV
By DCorey on 10/29/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

Very high coolness factor. Sweet Sounding Supercharged Engine that pushes this ride like an M3. The stereo/dvd system is the best I've experienced in a vehicle. The memory seat buttons are tough to navigate due to space, but other than that the interior is flawless. Needs to have power lift gate for my wife since she is the primary driver :( . Back seats a little rigid and tight for long runs. Auto wipers and seats/steering column a bit quirky. Dealer picks up and delivers. Can't Beat That. At the dealer twice for scheduled maintenance.

Great but not yet...
By bizking on 10/24/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a GREAT SUV I've ever owned. I have 13K now and got lots of service because of the "check engine light". But the problem is the they cannot find the reason for that problem. Hope next generation has much better reliability. But I think this is really great SUV especially in mountains.

This is a great Rover!
By JJF030 on 09/19/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After owning 2 LR3s and 2 X5s I upgraded to the RR Sport. This is a great SUV, and is truly king of the mountain. Don't be deceived by the scary reliability ratings, I've had more trouble out of Lexus and BMW products. The vehicles are sometimes quirky, but the issues are small and infrequent. Plus the dealer is great to work with and always gives you a Rover loaner. Plus, this is the best looking SUV on the market. I have never had so many compliments. I would recommend the RR Sport to anyone that appreciates a refined luxury SUV.

So far so good
By bestdeal on 09/16/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Range Rovers have a history of failing over time. The $6000 dealer cash sealed the deal for me. Although the Range depreciates faster than any other luxury SUV I feel it is still a good value. It just needs to be taken into consideration before purchased. Residual value is low. Don't let the TMV fool you! You can get a Range for well under factory invoice. I got mine for $5500 because of the dealer cash.The advertised $795 with no money down can be beaten by a large margin!

As long as its not raining
By Adam on 09/06/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Rover Sport...Have had several BMW X5's in the past and they don't even come close. The exterior is great, interior, everything is within reach. I was quite concerned about reliability when I purchased but with almost 8000 miles, I have only had 2 problems. Sunroof leaks and dealer cannot seem to fix, have replaced seal and sunroof twice but still leaks in the rain and car wash (this seems to be very common with Rover from what I have read on line). Rear door seals falling off. Only draw back is everything has to be ordered by the dealer and takes a couple of weeks to arrive. Fuel mileage is not bad at all, I am averaging 18/19 city/hwy mix. Would definitely buy again!

Best SUV out there
By TYLER on 05/31/08 10:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best suv out there for the money. Thus far has been a fantastic vehicle and as far as the reliability goes it is just like any other vehicle out there. That is why they come with a 4 year 50,000 warranty. There are no concerns about reliability for those of you who don't know land rover have the best four wheel drive system available. Why do you think BMW bought Land Rover years ago. For the four wheel drive system that they think is in the X-5. Yeah right, the X5 couldn't hang with this vehicle at all.

Outstanding
By Peter on 05/11/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

Wonderful ownership experience thus far. Was skeptical about purchasing because of historical reliability ratings. I have been very pleased with the performance and quality of this vehicle. No problems at all thus far. On of the best handling SUVs out there and acceleration/stopping power is superb. Great off road (put some Nokians on for winter and off road use). For a perfect blend of performance, styling and off road capability, this is the best offering available, in my humble opinion.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.