Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Sad to Go!
By DCorey

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This RRS-SC has been an excellent car. Time to turn it in and will miss it. The performance and all around cool factor of this car compensates for the back seat comfort, quirky nav system and cumbersome tailgate. This is my wife's kid hauler, but I drive it every chance I get. No problems with anything other than a window lift in the first month. If you want to drive an SUV with SWAG this is the one.

Supercharged Engine, Directional Headlights, Stereo and Design

Heavy Rear/Tailgate. Nav. System

Best LR i've owned/driven
By quiet

I've slowly moved up from the disco 2 to the lr3 to the rrscs and I gotta tell you this truck is slick and fast. I usually drive on the highway and going from ramp speed to highway speed is a dream. Put this thing in sport mode and two things happens, it sucks a lot of gas but also an adrenalin rush. I've had no issues other than a having to replace a fuse for the heated seats and the drivers airbag sensor. While I'm at it I must also say that no Major issues to report in regards to the lr3 and disco 2.

Speed, handling, looks (style), dependability, value, performance, comfort, navigation, cooler.

gas mileage, loud windshield wipers

Said Goodbye
By Peter

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

Engine performance, comfort, styling

Reliability, reliability and reliability in that order.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Reliability problems seem to continue to haunt Land Rover. I gave it a fair chance and it has left me cold. Disappointed to say the least

Good start but failing
By Peter

This is an update to my review of May last year. Although the first 11 months of my ownership experience was great the last few months have been not so good. Thing are starting to go wrong quickly. I have seen these with others on this site...suspension clunking in the shop twice before they could figure it out, check engine light on and off several times in the shop firt time for PCV valve then again for a new catalytic converter. Nav and radio periodically do not come on then out of nowhere fire up. Bought the extended warranty to 75k and am happy I did. If more goes wrong over the next 6 months i will certainly turn in and pay for the mile overage rather than buy a headache

comfort, performance, handling, solid build

reclining rear seats, rear hatch, engineering review