Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Making loud noise underneath
By Melinda

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Can not figure out what the rattle is under car, sounds like something is going to fall out sometimes. Not sure what to even look for and when going to dealer they act as if nothing is wrong. Has anyone experienced familiar issue??

Great ride
By skelly8

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used with 33k miles. Subaru driver needed a Schedule 179 vehicle for tax purposes. Averages 19 mpg on my commute, 21.5 on a run to Palm Springs down Hwy 5. Love the ride, sound system, navigation, turning radius. Does everything without drama. Freeway on ramp merge speed? No problem, put in sport mode and it winds to 7000 rpm like NOW and you are flying. Want to climb an impossibly steep trail? No problem, put it in low range and up you go. Brakes feel like you threw out an anchor. Big control knobs and buttons fit my stubby fingers and just feel right. I love this rig.

Power, ride, quiet cabin, handling, braking, comfort, sound system and style

Heated seats and mirrors should be standard.

Road Runner
By Racyldy

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is like driving on a cloud. It's smooth, comfortable, wraps around the driver and seems to float. It corners well, shifts very smoothly and will turn around on a dime. The gas economy is not wonderful but a fair trade for the safe and secure feeling it provides. I've had it on an off-road adventure and it really taught me what the vehicle would do. I would take it anywhere...in comfort!

Dual glove compartments - very handy for a woman in construction. Viewing all the settings on the control panel

I would like to have one a/c adapter connection stay hot even when the engine is off.

Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.

Terrain Response, cooler cubby box (small refrigerator in the center arm rest area), performance, and comfortable seats. The 550 watt harmon/kardon sound system is ridiculous (in a good way).

Bring the diesel over! I don't blame Land Rover - I blame the idiots in California and their absurd emissions standards. A European Range Rover Sport gets over 30mpg and are only half a second slower than the Supercharged model from 0-60mph.

I dont recommend any Land Rover
By AnaJara

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 RRS with 3000 miles. It has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has tried to fix 4 times. They did not take it back the 5th time saying Land Rover said it was normal to have some water enter the suv. I spoke with Land Rover and they looked into it but have now closed my case saying "normal". This is not normal by any standards. Land Rover needs to build a better car! I only bought it because I loved the look of it. I am filing for help under the TX Lemon Law in hopes that they buy back the car so I can get into another car, not a land rover!!