2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Great ride
By skelly8 on 03/26/12 21:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used with 33k miles. Subaru driver needed a Schedule 179 vehicle for tax purposes. Averages 19 mpg on my commute, 21.5 on a run to Palm Springs down Hwy 5. Love the ride, sound system, navigation, turning radius. Does everything without drama. Freeway on ramp merge speed? No problem, put in sport mode and it winds to 7000 rpm like NOW and you are flying. Want to climb an impossibly steep trail? No problem, put it in low range and up you go. Brakes feel like you threw out an anchor. Big control knobs and buttons fit my stubby fingers and just feel right. I love this rig.

Road Runner
By Racyldy on 03/23/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is like driving on a cloud. It's smooth, comfortable, wraps around the driver and seems to float. It corners well, shifts very smoothly and will turn around on a dime. The gas economy is not wonderful but a fair trade for the safe and secure feeling it provides. I've had it on an off-road adventure and it really taught me what the vehicle would do. I would take it anywhere...in comfort!

Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin on 06/24/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.

I dont recommend any Land Rover
By AnaJara on 03/06/09 07:54 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 RRS with 3000 miles. It has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has tried to fix 4 times. They did not take it back the 5th time saying Land Rover said it was normal to have some water enter the suv. I spoke with Land Rover and they looked into it but have now closed my case saying "normal". This is not normal by any standards. Land Rover needs to build a better car! I only bought it because I loved the look of it. I am filing for help under the TX Lemon Law in hopes that they buy back the car so I can get into another car, not a land rover!!

Same Old Range Rover
By David on 01/23/09 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best Looking SUV in its class. Too bad Land Rover has not fixed it's mecanical issues. Wait till you get to 25000 mile and the dealer tells you that you need new brakes all around. Dealer won't help nor will Land Rover. They claim this is normal wear and tear. Right!

Coolest luxury SUV around
By naes91 on 12/25/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

When first looking at thr RRS I was just in utter amazement. They are a sleek and sexy machine. I have had mine since October 2008 and have no complaints what so ever. It drives like a dream, yes a little heavy but I feel it is needed. It's as nimble as my wife's Volvo S40 t5. In the snow it has proven better than my F-150 or past Jeep Cherokee. Sitting in the driver's seat is like sitting in a fighter jet. Comfortable and everything is within reach and convenient.

Awesome SUV!
By alberto martinez on 11/11/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's been a fun experience driving the car. You will also get a lot of compliments -it looks great. The brakes are very good and it handles really well on curves for an SUV.

Great but not yet...
By bizking on 10/24/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a GREAT SUV I've ever owned. I have 13K now and got lots of service because of the "check engine light". But the problem is the they cannot find the reason for that problem. Hope next generation has much better reliability. But I think this is really great SUV especially in mountains.

This is a great Rover!
By JJF030 on 09/19/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After owning 2 LR3s and 2 X5s I upgraded to the RR Sport. This is a great SUV, and is truly king of the mountain. Don't be deceived by the scary reliability ratings, I've had more trouble out of Lexus and BMW products. The vehicles are sometimes quirky, but the issues are small and infrequent. Plus the dealer is great to work with and always gives you a Rover loaner. Plus, this is the best looking SUV on the market. I have never had so many compliments. I would recommend the RR Sport to anyone that appreciates a refined luxury SUV.

So far so good
By bestdeal on 09/16/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Range Rovers have a history of failing over time. The $6000 dealer cash sealed the deal for me. Although the Range depreciates faster than any other luxury SUV I feel it is still a good value. It just needs to be taken into consideration before purchased. Residual value is low. Don't let the TMV fool you! You can get a Range for well under factory invoice. I got mine for $5500 because of the dealer cash.The advertised $795 with no money down can be beaten by a large margin!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.