Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Great ride
By skelly8

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used with 33k miles. Subaru driver needed a Schedule 179 vehicle for tax purposes. Averages 19 mpg on my commute, 21.5 on a run to Palm Springs down Hwy 5. Love the ride, sound system, navigation, turning radius. Does everything without drama. Freeway on ramp merge speed? No problem, put in sport mode and it winds to 7000 rpm like NOW and you are flying. Want to climb an impossibly steep trail? No problem, put it in low range and up you go. Brakes feel like you threw out an anchor. Big control knobs and buttons fit my stubby fingers and just feel right. I love this rig.

Power, ride, quiet cabin, handling, braking, comfort, sound system and style

Heated seats and mirrors should be standard.

Road Runner
By Racyldy

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is like driving on a cloud. It's smooth, comfortable, wraps around the driver and seems to float. It corners well, shifts very smoothly and will turn around on a dime. The gas economy is not wonderful but a fair trade for the safe and secure feeling it provides. I've had it on an off-road adventure and it really taught me what the vehicle would do. I would take it anywhere...in comfort!

Dual glove compartments - very handy for a woman in construction. Viewing all the settings on the control panel

I would like to have one a/c adapter connection stay hot even when the engine is off.

Sad to Go!
By DCorey

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This RRS-SC has been an excellent car. Time to turn it in and will miss it. The performance and all around cool factor of this car compensates for the back seat comfort, quirky nav system and cumbersome tailgate. This is my wife's kid hauler, but I drive it every chance I get. No problems with anything other than a window lift in the first month. If you want to drive an SUV with SWAG this is the one.

Supercharged Engine, Directional Headlights, Stereo and Design

Heavy Rear/Tailgate. Nav. System

Best LR i've owned/driven
By quiet

I've slowly moved up from the disco 2 to the lr3 to the rrscs and I gotta tell you this truck is slick and fast. I usually drive on the highway and going from ramp speed to highway speed is a dream. Put this thing in sport mode and two things happens, it sucks a lot of gas but also an adrenalin rush. I've had no issues other than a having to replace a fuse for the heated seats and the drivers airbag sensor. While I'm at it I must also say that no Major issues to report in regards to the lr3 and disco 2.

Speed, handling, looks (style), dependability, value, performance, comfort, navigation, cooler.

gas mileage, loud windshield wipers

Said Goodbye
By Peter

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

Engine performance, comfort, styling

Reliability, reliability and reliability in that order.