2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Great ride
By skelly8 on 03/26/12 21:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used with 33k miles. Subaru driver needed a Schedule 179 vehicle for tax purposes. Averages 19 mpg on my commute, 21.5 on a run to Palm Springs down Hwy 5. Love the ride, sound system, navigation, turning radius. Does everything without drama. Freeway on ramp merge speed? No problem, put in sport mode and it winds to 7000 rpm like NOW and you are flying. Want to climb an impossibly steep trail? No problem, put it in low range and up you go. Brakes feel like you threw out an anchor. Big control knobs and buttons fit my stubby fingers and just feel right. I love this rig.

Road Runner
By Racyldy on 03/23/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is like driving on a cloud. It's smooth, comfortable, wraps around the driver and seems to float. It corners well, shifts very smoothly and will turn around on a dime. The gas economy is not wonderful but a fair trade for the safe and secure feeling it provides. I've had it on an off-road adventure and it really taught me what the vehicle would do. I would take it anywhere...in comfort!

Sad to Go!
By DCorey on 03/04/10 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This RRS-SC has been an excellent car. Time to turn it in and will miss it. The performance and all around cool factor of this car compensates for the back seat comfort, quirky nav system and cumbersome tailgate. This is my wife's kid hauler, but I drive it every chance I get. No problems with anything other than a window lift in the first month. If you want to drive an SUV with SWAG this is the one.

Best LR i've owned/driven
By quiet on 01/28/10 18:02 PM (PST)

I've slowly moved up from the disco 2 to the lr3 to the rrscs and I gotta tell you this truck is slick and fast. I usually drive on the highway and going from ramp speed to highway speed is a dream. Put this thing in sport mode and two things happens, it sucks a lot of gas but also an adrenalin rush. I've had no issues other than a having to replace a fuse for the heated seats and the drivers airbag sensor. While I'm at it I must also say that no Major issues to report in regards to the lr3 and disco 2.

Said Goodbye
By Peter on 12/25/09 19:05 PM (PST)

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter on 09/16/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin on 06/24/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.

Good start but failing
By Peter on 04/15/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

This is an update to my review of May last year. Although the first 11 months of my ownership experience was great the last few months have been not so good. Thing are starting to go wrong quickly. I have seen these with others on this site...suspension clunking in the shop twice before they could figure it out, check engine light on and off several times in the shop firt time for PCV valve then again for a new catalytic converter. Nav and radio periodically do not come on then out of nowhere fire up. Bought the extended warranty to 75k and am happy I did. If more goes wrong over the next 6 months i will certainly turn in and pay for the mile overage rather than buy a headache

I dont recommend any Land Rover
By AnaJara on 03/06/09 07:54 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 RRS with 3000 miles. It has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has tried to fix 4 times. They did not take it back the 5th time saying Land Rover said it was normal to have some water enter the suv. I spoke with Land Rover and they looked into it but have now closed my case saying "normal". This is not normal by any standards. Land Rover needs to build a better car! I only bought it because I loved the look of it. I am filing for help under the TX Lemon Law in hopes that they buy back the car so I can get into another car, not a land rover!!

Same Old Range Rover
By David on 01/23/09 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best Looking SUV in its class. Too bad Land Rover has not fixed it's mecanical issues. Wait till you get to 25000 mile and the dealer tells you that you need new brakes all around. Dealer won't help nor will Land Rover. They claim this is normal wear and tear. Right!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*